• Advertisement

What a ripoff

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

What a ripoff

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:31 am

Working on a LGT 2654 (960450007-00) that needed a fuel tank bushing. What does Husqvarna wants us to do? Replace the whole gas tank that retails for $112 vs the bushing that is under $4 retail. Boy what a ripoff of the mower's owner. Especially when Husqvarna sells the bushing under PN 532003645.

Just venting...Because it is a lot of unnecessary work and expense. Sometimes taking scrap equipment apart is beneficial along with cross referencing.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: What a ripoff

Postby RoyM » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:07 am

I am not following you. If the bushing is available as a service part why are they saying replace the tank? Are they refusing to stock the part?
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:08 am

Yep, but that what experience gets you and the people you work for. "thumbsup" Like the guy that showed up with a what he said was a $145 harness for his Cub in a box because his headlight harness was cut. Strangely the dealer that sold him it wouldn't take it back.....
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:18 pm

RoyM wrote:I am not following you. If the bushing is available as a service part why are they saying replace the tank? Are they refusing to stock the part?

They have it on the IPL that the tank only is available as they don't even list the bushing PN anywhere on the mower's IPL

hanz63 wrote:Yep, but that what experience gets you and the people you work for. "thumbsup" Like the guy that showed up with a what he said was a $145 harness for his Cub in a box because his headlight harness was cut. Strangely the dealer that sold him it wouldn't take it back.....

Exactly. It is the coupler I needed for a JD 445 this week. If I went by what only JD Parts was showing I would to pay $60 for the part but I found same part under another PN for $35 plus shipping. The local JD dealer wanted $20 just to ship to their store but I found it on Amazon for 39.94 including shipping.

I imagine these vendors just hate shops like mine that have done their research and setup an internal cross reference of parts. According to my system there is 7 bushings that will work. Right JD has the best price of 1.25 ea with Stens coming in second at $1.60 ea.

As for the electrical housing and terminals I am constantly adding to my database on them too. Currently I am working on getting myself some the Delta 6444 switch electrical housings.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum