• Advertisement

Kohler Command and Governor Problems

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler Command and Governor Problems

Postby bob » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:53 pm

Kohler Command CV12.5. Governor problems. Have done a static setup and no better. Decided to take engine apart and found regulating pin sitting in bottom. Put back on and did setup again and same problem started again after a short use. Took apart again and same problem. I can not see how it throws it off but I was reading manual and found this. SEE BELOW.
Does any one know about this. The gear itself is good shape. I do see a small indentation on gear shaft, so is there supposed to be something that hold the gear on. I can not see how the gear would come off anyway with the governor shaft sitting on it.

NOTE: The governor gear is held onto the governor gear shaft by small molded tabs in the ear. When the gear is removed from the shaft these tabs are destroyed, and the gear must be replaced. Therefore, remove the gear only if absolutely necessary (such as when reboring, doing major engine
bob
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Return to Technical Discussion Forum