• Advertisement

Tuff Torque Trans

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Tuff Torque Trans

Postby lefty » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:55 pm

I'm looking for some confirmation on part selection for this trans I'm working on.

https://tufftorq.ordertree.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+7A646084100

The model I'm interested in has the following numbers.

Tuff Torq 7A646084100 S/N: 46BA0044139
HOP PN: 408214

The left side axle broke off on the one I'm working on. I was looking up some info and I think the axles come in a kit with both axles, seals, etc.
Am I correct in assuming that the last 7 of the S/N are the significant identifiers? If so, the part I think I need is Axle Repair Kit 1A646099891.
Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Tuff Torque Trans

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Correct. But before your order the axle kit check be sure there is no housing damage. The last one I looked at the housing was eat up. Also when ordering the kit order the sealant and filter along with the oil.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:03 pm

I'll check the housing as you instructed. Are you talking about where the axle comes out or the whole housing in general?

The kit I'm looking at comes with the oil, filter, and some gasket maker for the case.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am

Yes, I would especially the area where the break is. Good that TT is on the ball about including those items. I didn't look-up the items in the kit earlier as I was tire as it was long day catching up after the rain day. My kids (chickens) about drove me crazy as they just kept getting into trouble all day. Everytime I got busy they would get out on the roadway just like our kids like to get into trouble when our backs are turned.

A note of the sealant they send it cures pretty fast once out of the tube and applied so you got to work fast. otherwords no stopping once you apply it. I usually keep a few tubes around as it just makes getting done faster then the other RTVs I use.

Most times I am just replacing axle seals. JD claimed in one service manual I have here that the hubs are removable with a hub puller but they are not. You got to open up the units to pull the axles for even an axle seal replacement. Oh it would be nice you could just pull the hubs as there would be no need to pull the transaxle.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:40 am

Understood. This one is right around the corner from me so I"ll lay eyes on her before ordering anything.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:47 pm

I went ahead and got a look at the trans today. It looks intact. The axel broke approximately 1 1/2 inches from the seal. I didn't notice any cracking or leaking.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum