• Advertisement

Briggs Snow blower stator

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Briggs Snow blower stator

Postby lefty » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:41 pm

Briggs
15C134-2143-F8
11 1011 88 41207

I got this in on an Ariens 921031-009814. It seemed like it was maybe seized but as it turns out, looks like the stator broke off and took the studs with it. This one has what I would describe as a 1/2 stator. It only goes around 1/2 way. I think maybe a magnet came off the flywheel and got jammed up taking the stator with it. I found 1 magnet floating around in there and I can see a witness mark for another but can't seem to locate it. The stator took quite a licking...deformed and such.

My main question is, there are two other studs to mount a stator. Looks like there is 4 total, I imagine in the event you have a full circle stator. Can I use the remaining two studs to mount a new stator? Also... Is there any chance of saving this flywheel? A few other magnets took a bit of a beating. They're still mounted in there but I can see their battle wounds. It's very expensive so if there's any chance of saving this one, I would take that route.

Thanks very much.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Briggs Snow blower stator

Postby RoyM » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:40 pm

Using the other standoffs should work as long the wiring can be safely routed, the alternator is only used to power a light or heated grips. The flywheel is another story, look for a used one.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:14 pm

At the very least, I'm going to have to extend the wires. I think they may be too short. Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:23 pm

I was hoping to find a used flywheel for this one as a new one is pretty pricey.

Looks like about 1/2 the magnets on this old one have fallen off. Is there anything stopping me from removing the rest of the magnets and running this without a headlight until a new flywheel comes along?

Or would there be an issue with the weight/balance of the flywheel?

Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:59 pm

lefty wrote:I was hoping to find a used flywheel for this one as a new one is pretty pricey.

Looks like about 1/2 the magnets on this old one have fallen off. Is there anything stopping me from removing the rest of the magnets and running this without a headlight until a new flywheel comes along?

Or would there be an issue with the weight/balance of the flywheel?

Thanks.

Nope, if you took all the magnets off (or strategic removal of opposite side magnets from the ones that are broken) you shouldn't have any problems running it that way, just won't have a headlight.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby lefty » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:19 pm

Thank you. I think I'm going to take that route. This machine also has a blown head gasket so I'm waiting on that. I'm assuming it's unrelated.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum