• Advertisement

Quick attach blade systems

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Quick attach blade systems

Postby hanz63 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:31 pm

What were they thinking! I've tolerated the HOP ones, though fortunately I see them very infrequently. I didn't think that it could get worse, enter Cub Cadet... Anyone else have fits with these things?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Quick attach blade systems

Postby KE4AVB » Fri May 13, 2022 8:49 am

hanz63 wrote:What were they thinking! I've tolerated the HOP ones, though fortunately I see them very infrequently. I didn't think that it could get worse, enter Cub Cadet... Anyone else have fits with these things?

I haven't seen the MTD ones but I had one customer with the Husqvarna version that it was cheaper to change over to standard spindles and blade as both quick change mounts were bent.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:23 pm

It took at least 10 minutes to get the blades off due to the dried on grass mush to be able to push the collar up that retains them. Then it took a tap with a hammer yet. Let's see, that's quicker how? Right square in the ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LLUerG ... l=CubCadet
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 14, 2022 9:18 am

What a nightmare design. Apparently they never considered the real world operations. I got that wrap baler twine around the normal spindles which can melt and bind the spindles.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum