• Advertisement

Partner 350 chainsaw

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Partner 350 chainsaw

Postby Arkie » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:45 am

AND

try your best to use non-ethanol gas in your mix.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby Stoner » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:24 am

Can I use expired two-stroke oil to lubricate my tire and chain?
Stoner

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:06 am

Hopefully you mean Bar and Chain (BNC). It is usable but not recommend as it is usually quite thin ( at the fuel oil I use is) and the BNC will wear quickly. I have even used used motor oil from my vehicles just had make it was strain before use.

Now at one time SAE30 motor was use to make 2 cycle fuel mixes but the modern synthetic oils are a lot thinner.

Now I go off the tracks...as I had a bad week here.

Personally I thought all Dino oil was expired. I haven't seen any real Dinos lately; unless, you want to call me a dinosaur @ 63. Now in the US they try make politicians a version dinosaurs (Republicans > RINOs and Democrats > DINOs) when they don't bow down to the herd thinking. Personally I try my best to stay out the politics discussions as it is a call to arms with some.

Even around my shop I go the other direction and barred a few customers that refused to abide by my shop rules about it. I barred two customers this alone as they just could keep their mouth shut. I just want to fix equipment and make a living without harassment.

This why we don't allow discussions about politics or religion here. It is a big NO NO here and can get you barred. It just not what this forum is about. It is about learning how to repair equipment and helping those techs and true mechanics with their problems. Personally my problem equipment always seem to have strange ones. When I can't repair a problem without having a long talk with my chickens and sleeping on it. That's why I keep a note pad next to the bed at night.

Well off to bush hog my face and get ready for my Sunday normal routine of fighting the crowds at the grocery store and find what I can buy for the $50 a week I am allowed to spend on food. Getting to where there is not much I can buy now. Even a 10# sack of potatoes at Walmart is now $10 where is was $5 back at the first of the year. And meats purchases; forget it. I see a lot beans in my future. At least I was raised in the country where we know what wild foods are available. Just had a big bowl of soybeans last night for dinner. Boy was they good. :)

Now hopefully someone else gets us back on the right tracks. :popcorn:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Stoner » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:56 am

Can I use mineral oil?
Stoner

Postby bgsengine » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:10 am

For Bar & Chain oil, you can use ANY oil - the question should be *SHOULD YOU*?

Bar & chain lube needs to be thick & sticky, because the chain slings it off as soon as it gets to the bar tip , and on the return trip your chain is running through the bar groove nearly dry (and that's the working side, too!) which is why Bar & Chain oil is formulated in typically 30 weight or 10 weight , with additives to make it "stringy" sticky (dip a finger in and pull it out, and you can create a long string of oil that wants to persist - like molasses)

So, you can use ANY oil you can think of, but you really SHOULD NOT use anything BUT specially formulated Bar & Chain lube (Despite the manuals for many of the cheapo china chainsaws on amazon calling for 30 weight oil - they do so because it is not unheard of for Bar & Chain oil to be hard to find) - alternatively you can use SAE 30 , or even 80W90 gear lube (Though that may be TOO thick except in summertime 70 degree-plus temps) anything else, your equipment just won't last.. using mineral oil, you'll be replacing your bar and chain so often, you're just throwing away money.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Stoner » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:12 am

Thanks, Can I use mineral oil with a 1:50 ratio to prepare the fuel mixture?
Stoner

Postby bgsengine » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:31 pm

Stoner wrote:Thanks, Can I use mineral oil with a 1:50 ratio to prepare the fuel mixture?

Not unless you want a blown saw. Only use 2-stroke oil formulated for chainsaws & Trimmers. anything else, and you'd end up buying a new saw real quick.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Stoner » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:16 am

two-stroke oil (1:50), but it's mineral, can I use it?
Stoner

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum