• Advertisement

Customer's bad day

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Customer's bad day

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:45 am

OH well I reckon it is a secret as to which unit he had. I got most of IPLs on hand. And I know the gearbox are available in after market for the straight shaft models.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:01 pm

KE4AVB wrote:OH well I reckon it is a secret as to which unit he had. I got most of IPLs on hand. And I know the gearbox are available in after market for the straight shaft models.

Fs38. No gearbox. It's just the bearing piece at end of curved shaft.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:16 am

Those were only held in with a screw. #10. Persnally I haven't seen a clip holding the bearing only the screw here.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:15 am

[list=][/list]Right. The bearing part is held by screw. The shaft that the head screws to goes up through the bearing and it has a groove at the top. So a clip goes into groove to keep shaft from falling out of the bearing. One claims you can fix groove with hacksaw blade but other guy says it won't last long. Do you see the bearing part or the shaft for head as separate parts in that ipl?
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:27 am

Are sure it was a FS38 and not a FS36?

I think you are referring the following area from your description. May someone swapped the tubes. Item descriptions with the "(1)" is the FS36 parts. But there nothing like listed for the FS38 but this will help anyways.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum