• Advertisement

USC question

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

USC question

Postby 38racing » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:26 pm

I've seen it suggested to put small part like a carb inside a a jar of water/cleaner mix with rest of usc filled with water. Since I like to do a straight distilled water run this would reduce my water/cleaner use and drain time. Would it make a difference if the jar was glass or plastic? Wondering if plastic would absorb waves rather than passing to solution in the jar.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: USC question

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:46 pm

This one I don't know but plastic does absorb sound waves.

Anyway I not so cheap that I try some of the two tablespoons of Dawn Platium I use and it only take a few minutes to drain the 10L tank. Maybe I just not that piled up with work that I got worry about having a few minutes of extra rest. Even the Alocnox goes a long way at two tablespoons per 10L.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: USC question

Postby bertsmobilerepairs » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:49 am

FWIW
Cube carb bodies go directly into the cleaner basket
Small parts go into a large tea infuser.
This does slow down the cleaning so they get 2 x 30 minute runs
I use a couple of different brews depending upon what I am cleaning.
The old solutions gets strained through an old coffee dripolator filter into a small plastic bucket for reuse
I usually rinse in boiling water for a few minutes then blow dry if needed.
Aluminium or zinc parts get rinses in a dilute vinegar or citric acid solution to remove any oxide on the surface then the boiling water rinse
bertsmobilerepairs

Return to Technical Discussion Forum