• Advertisement

New blade mount design.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: New blade mount design.

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:52 am

I got an large order ready for Rotary so I might one their blades to have a look at it.

Currently they about the same price retail as the MTD/Cub blades. So don't know the customer will go for them but if they do then I can make more profit. But I am thinking I just knock off 20% of the MTD retail price and sell the blades at that price. That way the customer gets a break and I still make a healthy profit margin.

I done got in the 42" 50" and 54" Mtd blade sets for stock but the 46" version is still on BO. No telling when I might sell these blades but the mowers are coming as TSC is selling the crap out of them.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:25 pm

I'm kinda liking Rotary blades more lately and OEP less.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:07 pm

Well my questions have been answered. They are no where near the same as the high lift blades that I have from CUB/MTD.

OEM LEFT Rotary RIGHT

Longer cutting edge, lower air lift, and narrower width. Now take with a grain of salt as the 42" cut ones are the same design as the Rotary blades.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:29 am

So it's kinda like comparing the 942-04290 to the 942-04244? Or even a less pronounced lift? Does the center hole look good from there?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:43 am

hanz63 wrote:So it's kinda like comparing the 942-04290 to the 942-04244? Or even a less pronounced lift? Does the center hole look good from there?

From what I can by overlaying them they line up well on the long sides of the S.

IF I had an actual spindle would be better but I haven't ordered any yet as I haven't had any need for them yet. Besides I got over $93K in parts now and quickly running out storage space. Darn it I was wanting to decrease my inventory and not increase it.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum