• Advertisement

Parts received

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Parts received

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:48 pm

Well I reckon today made up for the bad Monday I had.

Can you which parts are the free ones?
Called the vendor said they no record of shipping half of what you see. Argued with me about it so I just put the extra on the shelf for later sales. I can always stand to get free parts.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Parts received

Postby RoyM » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:47 pm

Free is always good. :D
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:50 pm

Lucky dog. You have enough there to make wind chimes. The only free thing I've ever gotten was 5 bags of Walbro float valves instead of 5 for CV's.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:11 am

I went over the site and it looks like someone instead entering the items as shipped put them in as back ordered. Easy to do in this computer age but it is strange they did charge the shipping at the right weight. I actually got everything twice including the actual items that were initially back ordered that was shipped the first time.

And it looks like the $250 ball bearing order is lost in the Memphis Black Hole post office too. Nearly everytime I got a large order coming through them it vanishes for several weeks. Heck I had one order last year (3 Priority Shipped) that took over three weeks to get here when it is only one day UPS. It just UPS is more than double the shipping cost. This time I am considering them lost/stolen by the Memphis post office. I have heard horror stories about them. Even the IRS worker I dealing with in Nashville said they are a major problem.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:04 pm

I also believe in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy. ;)

BUT I do get a heads up when someone tells me something is going to be FREE.

I get a suspicious and mistrustful feeling and have even looked a gift horse in the mouth. :oops:
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:21 pm

Arkie wrote:I also believe in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy. ;)

BUT I do get a heads up when someone tells me something is going to be FREE.

I get a suspicious and mistrustful feeling and have even looked a gift horse in the mouth. :oops:

Normally I make good on things like when the vendor accepts they made a mistake but this time Gardner didn't seem worried about sending me free parts. I just put in stock and on my accounting system as I had ordered them.

Now if I can get in the $250 ball bearing order in from Carnell I be good. I got an email saying they were shipped but after a week I contact them for a tracking number and they don't have one on record so they sending out the order again. Probably lost in the black hole called the Memphis TN post office. About to run out of 6204-2rs bearings.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Right about lost in the black hole. :(

I specifically request they send me a tracking number when shipped, but sellers don't always do such.
I've seen lots of my stuff be delivered to wrong places/address with my name on the wrong address and W/O tracking it would be tough to recover.
At least I can immediately shine a light into that black hole. :?

I received a wrong item today that I did not order, seller said he got boxed packages addresses swapped and my item went wrong way and mine was the most expensive one and might not get returned. At least the seller admits it was their fault.
Stuff like this seems to be happening more often lately.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:40 am

Didn't want the read that....But with companies hiring the cheapest labor they can, it will happen more often.

I just had Rotary to send me Zama style diaphragms for Briggs rocker cover gaskets. I can use them so I paid for them along with getting Rotary to send the correct gaskets. I just got to do cross reference on my system so I don't buy extra Zama diaphragms.

Someone just didn't think or don't know what they are doing. Some OJT training is going to happen because of this.

I try to do this with most vendors when I can use the parts that were sent by mistake. No point ripping off the vendor as I would not like being done to me either. Anyway I feel better for being a honest person.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:11 am

Finally got my ball bearing order after getting a call from Carnell that I might be getting the wrong order Friday. Someone had gotten the previous order and that I might be getting theirs. Well FedEx finally showed up at 16:30 and I got the correct order. Apparently my original order was shipped to the wrong customer.

They are no longer tubes to ship the bearings they all were individually boxed. Oh goodie now I got to change my storage setup yet again.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum