• Advertisement

15% Ethanol Heads Up

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

15% Ethanol Heads Up

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:48 am

Guys, Looks like we are in a nightmare with fuel induced problems. The equipment is not designed for 15% ethanol blends. Might be the reason I had two new vacuum Oregon to fail. Their check valves were severely damaged. Had to drain the customer's tank and install my known 10% ethanol fuel.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/epa-allows-gasoline-higher-ethanol-blend-summer-98941507

Also be aware the 10% ethanol warranties will be void and null. So I think we are going to see a lot of mad customers. Stay Safe if you can.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: 15% Ethanol Heads Up

Postby bgsengine » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:33 pm

Yup, we have a local Sheetz chain store with the blue 88 octane pumps, 15% ethanol and it is the cheapest per gallon of them all. I'll always wait til I make a trip that way when I can and fill up the car tank on that, but I am sure there's plenty enough people that buy it and use it in their mowers (Despite the warnings all over the pumps not to use it in off road equipment or vehicles made before 2012, or some such year) It isn't just summer use here in P.A. they've been selling it year around up here.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: 15% Ethanol Heads Up

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:00 pm

Some will not pat attention to the old adage "Pay Now or Pay more later."
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum