• Advertisement

New GX390 possibly not new…?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

New GX390 possibly not new…?

Postby JPCopcar » Mon May 29, 2023 1:47 am

So I bought my pressure washer two years ago from a guy that claimed it was new and only used a few times. unfortunately taking a Pressure Washer up and down a flight of stairs to do a job I got some water in the cylinder. The engine ran for about 15 seconds and turned off and seem to not release pressure. Could turn engine but just not fast enough to start it with the pressure opened up cylinder head to find some slightly rusted water. I honed the cylinder and cleaned piston meticulously. I was hoping to get away with replacing the rings canned it would be good as new. I ordered the rings for the piston that comes with the motor from Honda but they were incorrect. After looking at the piston and the serial number it appears to me that this engine has been opened and the piston has been replaced. can anyone tell me if this is correct and what I should do next. Every set of rings produces the same outcome which is something slightly grinding or scratching when I turn the motor by hand.

GX390TE1
QAA2 GCBCT-2054731
Piston: Z5T90 B165Y5161A192 (engraved on top)

Thank you much in advanced for any/all help!!
JPCopcar

Advertisement

Re: New GX390 possibly not new…?

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 29, 2023 6:19 am

GX390TE1
QAA2 GCBCT-2054731

Not able to find the GX-390TE1-QAA2 ILP by itself or under the GCBCT model code. I suggest contacting Honda on this one. Neither the USA or EU Honda Engines sites list this engine.

Contact information for U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico customers only. For all other contact information, go to world.honda.com.

Honda Engines Group
4900 Marconi Dr.
Alpharetta, GA 30005-2519

Customer Relations (U.S. Only)
Tel: 770-497-6400
Fax: 678-339-2519
Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:30 pm EST

Please have the following information available when contacting Customer Relations:

Your name and address
Owner’s name and address if different from above
Full model name and serial number Find your serial number location
Date of Purchase
Selling Dealer
Description of problem

And please let us know what you find out as it will help others if they come across the same engine.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon May 29, 2023 4:10 pm

Don't forget - If it is a Honda pressure washer, the engine parts will NOT be found in honda engines parts catalogs - Engine is spec built for the equipment, if it is Honda equipment, so you only find Engine parts in the EQUIPMENT manual, if it is Honda equipment.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue May 30, 2023 7:49 am

I did forget about that one about Honda equipment. So if it is a Complete Honda equipment then I would need the pressure washer model number to look-up parts.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Tue May 30, 2023 11:23 am

Engine ran for about 15 seconds and quit and then had rusty water on top of the piston.

Seems unusual to me being rusty water or any water at all on top of the piston after engine was running for 15 seconds, especially if the head was removed shortly after it quit.
??????????? :o :? :shock:
Arkie
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum