• Advertisement

Honda overrevving

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Honda overrevving

Postby lefty » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:47 pm

Just to confirm, the oil is leaking from the transmission gearbox. not the engine. I don't know how to check the level of the gearbox oil. I'll take some advice on that if you think it's prudent to do.

Here's a link to the schematic. https://www.hondapowersportsparts.com/oemparts/a/hpe/505ce4a4f870022d24bdc704/transmission-1
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:53 pm

lefty wrote:Just to confirm, the oil is leaking from the transmission gearbox. not the engine. I don't know how to check the level of the gearbox oil. I'll take some advice on that if you think it's prudent to do.

Here's a link to the schematic. https://www.hondapowersportsparts.com/oemparts/a/hpe/505ce4a4f870022d24bdc704/transmission-1

Right about gearbox. If no leakage when in proper up-right and no previous signs of leakage it's most likely leaking because it's not in it's operating position is what I'm referencing.
I would try to make sure it's not leaking in a place where dust/dirt can get access to the inside during normal operation. I did not look at/study your parts diagram.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:54 pm

Perfect. That's what I was hoping for. Thank you very much.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:55 pm

I returned the machine to its upright position and checked it the next day. I'm still waiting on parts. The leaking appears to have stopped. Thanks for the help.
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum