• Advertisement

Tracking Shipments

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Tracking Shipments

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:17 am

Anybody having problems tracking the so called Smart Post packages?

Either UPS or USPS has dropped the ball majorly. I got few needed Toro supposedly on the way from Partstree. One package has been stuck in Atlanta, GA for several days. The part of the shipment tracking they both are still awaiting the package. Partstree can't even what was shipped in each parcel. Now I don't if I need to order from some else or not. The parts are for one of my commercial customers.

One thing is I will never use Smart Post again by choice. They can't do their job just like the Idiot Morons at the IRS.

And now with a pending UPS strike all hell is probably going to break loose here as they are my main shipper.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Tracking Shipments

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:07 pm

As of today I got three un-trackable packages lost in the USPS system. They getting as bad as the IRS.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:36 pm

I detest that smart post package referral what ever it is system. I have to say though, USPS usually gets me stuff a day early if shipped through them. FEDEX can be on the sketchy side if it is around a weekend or holiday. UPS does good by me. I had some Amazon orders - checked the box for Saturday delivery. They've been here at least twice this week already. So 2 items due today. Probably 2 different trucks. Nice of them to have a hydro fan that the distributor didn't though. And a new pair of shoes.....
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:54 pm

UPS SmartPost (and FedEx version as well) are a low-priority ground transport shipment - If they have room on a truck or container they'll move it to the next distribution point, but if they don't have room for it, it will sit at the warehouse until there's room to put it on transport - even then it goes by truck. When it finally gets to the UPS Destination distribution point they will then deliver the package to most local USPS office on their route (Although if the UPS driver knows you pretty well they may not bother and just drop off package to you directly if they know they will be going by your place anyhow) and the USPS carrier handles last mile delivery.

Same treatment with USPS parcel post packages - Those, too are low-priority shipments and sometimes can be shunted off to the side until there is room to put it on the next available transport. I'd never select any of the Smart Post (or parcel post) options - It'll be either Priority Mail , or UPS Ground/FedEx Ground (or next day, if it has to be there faster.. and by the way USPS Express mail is not always next day delivery - sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:06 pm

I would not be counting on 3 day Priority packages out of Memphis, TN to arrive on time. The next last one took three weeks and the last one never made it out the Memphis post office. At least vendor reshipped using UPS which arrived the next day. Just can't count on the USPS to even honor their own policies anymore.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:09 pm

Well one package moved after days sitting in St Peters, MO. It took them three days to just accept the package. The other two package are still lost in the system.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:05 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Well one package moved after days sitting in St Peters, MO. It took them three days to just accept the package. The other two package are still lost in the system.

Do not feel like the Lone Ranger. ;)

I'm experiencing about the same. Seems more so within last 3 weeks.
Some packages get close to me then turn around and go down in Texas.
USPS sometimes lets on set for several days then move.
Sometimes USPS tracking shows a package several states away and not moving for seval days per tracking, but gets delivered all at once next day.

I've paid lots more when mailing for priority shipping within 3 cays and sometimes it takes 7 days.
USPS should do an automatic refund when this happens. (If I charge someone for extra service, they get extra service or an apology and a offer of a refund)
What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.
Last edited by Arkie on Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:20 am

Well the USPS system is so screwed that I will stop using them.

One package sat in Chattanooga four days and just moved this morning was supposed to be here Monday. Well so much three priority shipment.

The Partstree order. Two packages. One been sitting in Atlanta since the 12th. The other is showing never received. I have re-ordered those parts thru Jack and FedEx is showing arriving Friday. The customer is getting pissed about the mower not getting fix as he is a commercial client; so am I.

The USPS is so screwed up it is funny. Hell they could have gave that package to a guy on bicycle and had the package from Atlanta by now but of course probably put it on the back of a snail. So when the option of not using USPS is available I pay a little more and ship UPS or FedEx from now on so I can get things done.

NO wonder I hear of letters being delivered 100 yrs after they are mailed.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:44 pm

Finally got my eBay package. The Partstree package are simply lost in the postal system. I got Partstree to simply refund my money and the order is coming in Friday from Jacks via FedEx.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum