• Advertisement

fake ngk plugs

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

fake ngk plugs

Postby 38racing » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:55 pm

38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: fake ngk plugs

Postby bgsengine » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:28 pm

Yup. Ive posted here about them before, with some tips to identify the counterfeits.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby hanz63 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:39 pm

Anyone else rather use Denso anyhow? My NGK and Denso come from my main 2 distributors, so I hope they are legit. Denso gaps are either spot on or close, NGK- not so much. You don't think PD would sell me GNK sparkplugs? :shock:
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:05 pm

bit frustrating to do cross reference of RC12YC and seeing 15 Denso stk nnnn to replace it. Fifteen Denso of same size and heat range?

https://www.sparkplug-crossreference.co ... _PN/RC12YC
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:32 am

Back when I started back into the business, simply based on years of experience, my choices in order of preference would have been:

Bosch
NGK
Nippondenso (Denso)
and after a LONG thought, in the event nothing else was available:
Stens (Just because they were cheaper than Champion)
Champion

I ended up with NGK because they were the most readily available through my distributor channels, and were more frequently used (not counting champion) in the machines I was working on (Echo, Polaris) But if I had found a reliable supplier with decent pricing, I'd have gone with Bosch first (and only stocked NGK for the BPMR8Y which has no direct cross reference for anything - made specifically for Echo/Shindaiwa) I liked Denso, but just found their numbering system a little too confusing to suit me. (Much like Zama carburetors and kits!) so they came in 3rd.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:45 am

And if you really want to research each of the Denso crosses there is a couple plug guides under the Briggs and Stratton Service Info/Spark Plug directory. Sorry the Spanish version is the only one that gives the part number decode guide.

IT does looks like Denso has pulled out of the US market as they no longer providing catalogs for the US market.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:24 pm

NGK is fine with me, Denso is sold by the distributor that was eaten by Gardiner so they seem to come and go. That would be too bad if the exit the US market.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum