• Advertisement

13U2-80098068-F1

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: 13U2-80098068-F1

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:25 am

38racing wrote:Should be illegal. Governments need to mandate that they supply parts for what they sell for at least 10 years or more. I just had a faucet company say I couldn't get parts because it was 10 years old. The part I need is still going on to new units. I had to find cheapest spout on amazon so I can take off the m25 1.25 nut that holds it to the body.

This is the problem. It all part of their plan obsolescence scheme. Plus our governments politicians are not going to do it because all these companies are in their back pockets. Nearly all politicians get rich while in office.

I did a small search for that size nut and boy are they ridiculously priced.

I currently have a Poulan pole saw power head in the shop that was only six months old at the time the throttle cable failed. That was bask in September and I am still waiting on a cable. It is a current production unit.

A couple years ago I ran a similar problem with a Briggs engine for someone I was trying to help but least it had the model number formatted properly.

Now I did work for a company that told us techs to kill off anything over five years old. Of course as long as the parts were available I just keep repairing the equipment. That company went belly up a couple years after I was laid-off the during the time of so called corporate downsizing fad. Customers just bailed on them. But later I found out they were already in financial trouble before they laid me off. And it was nearly impossible to find a replacement job. I was over qualified or did have the certification papers they wanted. I finally just went to work for myself. I don't make a killing but at least it is honest work.

And things like JD demanding the customer to buy a complete rear wiring harness for a L120 @$100 when all the customer needed was a PTO connector housing, two F56 female terminals, two head butt connectors, and two 14ga wires. All of $10 to the customer if he assemble it himself but of course he wanted to do the factory crimps so I charged him $5 to do assemble it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Well here is the final response from Briggs.

Eugene,

This was a contract manufactured machine and the power products team that is no longer around decided not to support the engine completely. It was not a True Brigg's product.

We completely understand your frustration.

Respectfully
Craig

What a crock....
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:21 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Well here is the final response from Briggs.

Eugene,

This was a contract manufactured machine and the power products team that is no longer around decided not to support the engine completely. It was not a True Brigg's product.

We completely understand your frustration.

Respectfully
Craig

What a crock....

I agree. if it isn't a true briggs product then why is their registered trademark and patent claim link, etc included on the label? Sounds like a crock of sh*t to me.. just passing the buck on down the line to a team that no longer exists.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum