• Advertisement

Flywheel nut toque spec needed.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Flywheel nut toque spec needed.

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:42 pm

Echo PB-9010T / Shindaiwa EB910RT

Needing flywheel nut torque spec. Replaced starter clutch pawls and rope pulley. All the holding me is torquing the flywheel nut. (M10-1.25)
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Flywheel nut toque spec needed.

Postby grunt » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:00 am

grunt

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:16 am

Well none of the local dealers I called would or could tell me what the spec is. One even referred me to their distributor tech support and even they didn't know. I emailed Echo and was supposedly to get a response back in 1 to 2 days and they didn't respond.

I did manage to find a old Shindaiwa brush cutter service manual on file here. In it they had all of their flywheels torqued to 10 ft-lbs. So going with that spec and button up the backpack blowers.

Grunt I feel that going to 35-40 ft lbs will be too much for that tapered fit.

And it looks when I need some tech support it is non existent... :roll: or least that is how it appears to me. Very, very, seldom I get any answer from the forums that I visit.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:52 pm

Yeah. I tried my old Echo dealer portal login, and it was a no-go. I coulda sworn I sent you a copy of my tech reference from Echo, but I am guessing you don't find that model in those books? But I'd look at other big block blowers by echo albeit older models and see if they had same size nuts and go by those specs?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:36 am

I do have an "Echo 2015 Tech Ref Man_e_110714" that you sent but that info is not even in there for any of the Echo machines.

I tried another source I have to see if Ray had the manual in the library but he is coming with nothing.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:44 am

Well after no email response I called them. All kinds of excuses. First that I should contact the local dealer. Well I contacted three last none knew the spec. Then the excuse they were closed over the weekend. Well the 1-2 email reponse time frame ended Friday. NO wonder so much equipment is screwed by the dealers guessing at things.

Finally after 30 minutes they came back with spec as 240 in/lbs. Asked If I needed it in ft/lbs and I said 20.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum