• Advertisement

Honda Magneto Needed NLA

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda Magneto Needed NLA

Postby Mek-a-nik » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi folks, it's been a while. I'm retired, and just help friends and neighbors.
A friend has a Honda EX650 suitcase generator. It's pretty old and he takes great care of his equipment. As a result, of course, parts go NLA.
His mag died slowly, causing hard-to-start issues, and a fouled plug, followed by no spark whatsoever.
The Honda number is 30500-ZA8-505. I haven't been able to find one. A few sources show it as available, but after ordering, they say they can't get it.
I saved a search on eBay, but who knows when or if one will show up.
Is there a source out there for hard to find parts?
I guess what I mean is maybe a board where one can list needed items.

EDIT: I "think" I may have found one on Amazon. I'll see if it shows up.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Honda Magneto Needed NLA

Postby bgsengine » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:16 pm

We do have a "for sale/ Wanted" forum here but really, doesnt get as much exposure or views as Tech Discussion... In absence of OEM, I'd be looking on amazon for clone coils (Could be the part number superceded but broke a relational chain which sometimes happens with huge inventory files, and no one noticed) I'd be looking at similar suitcase generators (Perhaps can find one of the china clones that closely match the EX650?) Just my thoughts.. for whatever they might be worth (pretty much nothing - LOL)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Honda Magneto Needed NLA

Postby Mek-a-nik » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:35 pm

Thanks for the reply, Brian. I hope things are going well for you. The Echo saw you sold me several years back is still making chips!

I'll keep your suggestions in mind if the one I found on Amazon just after I posted doesn't pan out. I don't have much faith, but maybe it is someone who just happened to have a few and posted them. I checked Amazon about a week ago with no luck. Past experience with Amazon when someone says they have something, but really doesn't, leads to messages such as, "whoops, this is running late...". They say between September 14th and the 22nd. We'll see!
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum