• Advertisement

Flat suction valve carburetor

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Flat suction valve carburetor

Postby 38racing » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:19 pm

Apparently canadian tire has these from rato on push mowers. I have my neighbour's. Son hit a curb with it. Got the kick back welt apparently. Crank shaft still straight so going after the flywheel. First read came up with that carb term. New to me. Initial Google not over enlightening.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Flat suction valve carburetor

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:02 am

They are just trying to create a new term. Isn't translation of foreign languages great especially they throw in new terms?

They use the standard type of carburetors from what I read as the from the specs they are showing a Honda type clone engine. The flat suction valve would what we call the throttle vane or butterfly plate. But in a way they are right as the intake side of the engine does suck in air/fuel mixture and a valve of a type is used to control this flow.

This most laymen call screws bolts just because they have hex heads and it what everyone around them calls them. A screw is a screw as long it is threaded with ramp threads. Just have know what term your vendors is using to look them up.

I am currently trying to get a copy of the service manual for the RV175 engine but Rato site download link is not working for me; sent email.

BTW Husqvarna has some on their walk behinds too.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum