• Advertisement

Power Portal

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Power Portal

Postby Bob54 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:25 am

Is the Power Portal down? I keep getting "This site can't be reached" when I try and go to the portal
Bob54

Advertisement

Re: Power Portal

Postby bgsengine » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:49 am

probably. I'm getting a 502.

Briggs Portal wrote:502 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
The origin closed the connection. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Could have been undergoing maintenance and the offshore cheap-geek they hired to do the job on upwork or wherever was out of his depth. (In the past I found a huge number of bugs and security holes on what used to be Central Power website, including a number of database errors - I pointed out the problems , details and fixes to my inside sales rep who passed the word along, but up until they changed their name (for like the second time out of 4 or 5 changes in 8 years) they never fixed it , and then they re-did their website (and even that still had holes, but I quit bothering to point them out, recognizing that they were hiring gig workers from India or Pakistan or elsewhere for 5 to 10 bucks an hour)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Bob54 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:32 am

Thanks,,,502 is what I am getting too
Bob54

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:34 am

Your not alone Bob. It has been down all weekend [still down as of this post] and I was needing to pull IPLs and service bulletins Saturday for several jobs here.

And I needing update my price file too as several items have been NLA or superseded. I access Power Distributors thru my Power Portal login as I no longer allowed direct access to them due low volume of part purchases which is due to the very low volume Briggs equipment coming into the shop. The last two years Kawasaki has been the main engines to come in for repairs as equipment are switching from Briggs. I finally got in less ten Briggs engines this year. Last year it was only two engines.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:56 am

I hope it comes back, I want to do the update seminar.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby SUKI » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:31 pm

I have seen quite a few errors on various websites lately, not ones that takes them down but gives you incorrect info.

Just order Oregon 04-163 wheel shouldered screws as they claim they were a cross for the JD GX21012. Well they are no where near the same screw when they arrived. Ended having to go JD and get them at $4.65 ea. I did order some after market ones thru eBay. Five of the 20 screws were bad.

Another eBay vendor didn't bother to send me tracking until just a few hours before the parts showed up. He pissed that I gave him a poor performance review. Since I won't change my review he is going to try to eBay to delete it. ON top he claimed the bearings where in hand in Florida and they were instead dropped shipped from his vendor in NC. Next time I just order the bearing from Rotary or Stens.

And Kohler new dealer website half the time don't list the engines that I looking for. At least Partsmart still has most of them. And no one had the particular Husqvarna HU675HWT trimmer listed. Even finding an IPL manual on Husqvarna required some digging [and cussing] to find it. This one even Partsmart didn't have it listed.

Lots of green employees replacing retired and decrease employees doesn't help either. Or the use of robots like Amazon does for shipping. I just got in a supposedly wheel motor for a Scag. I have yet any place on the Scag Tiger Cat to replace a 24VDC commercial battery charger. I don't think they used one in place of Hydro Gear hydraulic wheel motor. Time wasted waiting for one. Customer service said it be up to a month before I get my refund.

So I had a week of Mondays this last week. Thanks to a bottle of Excedrin pills I made through this nightmare week.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:41 pm

Power Portal back up and running as 12:40 CDT.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:50 pm

:D
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum