• Advertisement

Aspen fuel issues

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Aspen fuel issues

Postby wristpin » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:12 am

Has anyone had any problems with Aspen Four Stroke fuel. Without going into a lot of detail at present, we have reports of an out of the box BS engine refusing to run at all on Aspen but then running fine on pump fuel , Also BS Sprint engines that have been running fine on pump fuel but refusing to run on Aspen after service - carb clean and new diaphragms etc. Also, apparent hardening of Sprint diaphragms when Aspen is used.
All seems rather strange, are there any reports of Aspen issues your side of the pond ?
wristpin
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Aspen fuel issues

Postby bgsengine » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:16 pm

never heard of Aspen. sounds like a UK thing? Got any specs or website info on it?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby wristpin » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:54 pm

This is it !
https://aspenfuel.co.uk/products/aspen-fuel/#a4
How strange, I’ve seen US YouTube reviews for it.
wristpin
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:25 pm

Probably explains it , seems to be a new fuel on the market but I'd be wanting to see some dyno numbers and information from anywhere BUT the company that makes it... So far on my searching, all the information I can find on it appears to be pushed and promoted by the company, but is nothing like regular ethanol-free gasoline... Myself, based on your experience, I wouldn't trust my equipment to that stuff, it sounds to me like some more snake oil to appease the "Greenies" - I'd rather see some definitive information coming from the engine makers after having tested the stuff in their engines, and I have not seen any yet.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:07 am

I'm in the same boat here as I have never heard of it until this thread. It going take some time before I even try it if becomes available as just mixing fuel here is not a problem as I use a multi mix oil and do it in 2 gallon batches.

I have few customer that uses the can premixed fuels and they still have the same problems.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby wristpin » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:52 am

Interesting , as it was introduced over here by Husqvarna. As I’m retired and no longer have any direct contact with B&S etc , will just have to see what transpires . Unfortunately we don’t have the equivalent of PPEten over here , only a lot of misinformation on FB !
wristpin
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum