• Advertisement

Homelite hedge trimmer question

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Homelite hedge trimmer question

Postby dennis » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:41 pm

I am working on a reconditioned Homelite hedge trimmer....26ht.....UT 40502. It has a Ruxin carburetor on it. Do not know if it was OEM for this unit, or aftermarket. If anyone knows what the intial (and recommended) H and L miixture screw settings are, I would like to know. Also looking for WOT rpm and idle rpm. Thank you.
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Homelite hedge trimmer question

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:51 am

Most 2 cycle Ruixing carbs are Zama clones. And yes it should be the original carb.

Normally Zama carbs and their clones are initially set at 1-1/2 turns from seated on both mixture screws and then you fine low speed first and then the high speed. Just make sure the cutter is not moving when idling. Adjust idle speed as needed.

As top speed I find none listed other than cutter should stroking at 1500-1600 max. I know that doesn't help much. I rather saw an engine RPM spec.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Homelite hedge trimmer question

Postby dennis » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:43 am

Thanks, KE4AVB. Besides the idle speed screw, there is a limit screw for the throttle, which raised a red flag for me. I have a call in to Homelite.
dennis
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum