• Advertisement

Billy Goat Dif lock?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Billy Goat Dif lock?

Postby hanz63 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:58 am

So I have this Billy Goat BC2600HM W/B brush cutter. It kind of looks like a maybe a little Dana built 3 speed from the back. It's my own machine. I'd like to lock the differential, even permanent could be fine. Anyone ever done something like that or know of a little transaxle that would give me the option that would be easy to find and reasonable? They make a hydro drive with some kind of traction control, I stopped at the 4th digit in their price list....
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Billy Goat Dif lock?

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Pro Gear T2301

Rotary 14394 (Discontinued)

A permanent lock would be to weld the spider gears like the do rear auto differentials.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:35 pm

I suppose that would depend on what the gears are made of. Ever do anything like that ?
https://progear1.com/lawn-mower-transaxles/ Sintered metal gears. Doesn't sound promising.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:12 am

Most ferrous metals we deal with now a days is this press type. Even the local Nissan factory is making crankshafts out of stamped sheet metal pressed into crankshafts. I have seen the waste sheets at a local recycling yard.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum