• Advertisement

Oregon 07-066 filters

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Oregon 07-066 filters

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:17 pm

Anyone else had these to fail?

Personally I was using Sunbelt B1FF105 for years but had to change over. The first one I install just came after about month in the customers machine. The plating failed and clogged the internal carburetor fuel filter with grey mud. Tested the fuel and no water in it.

Just throwing the other nine filters in the trash and will try some Stens filters.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Oregon 07-066 filters

Postby bgsengine » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:09 pm

Never saw that problem myself, but then for one thing, I hadn't used a 07-066 filter in probably going on 8 years now (I quit accepting Poulan-Weedeater-Husqvarna-Craftsman handheld for repairs) so who knows how far quality control has degraded by now. OTOH I never noticed that they were plated either - Always just figured them for simple pressed metal, so I suppose it could be an incorrect formulation of a given batch (And since Oregon and Stens pretty much have the same sources as Rotary, and just about any seller on Amazon...) I'd probably just have gone with Stens because they seemed to always back up their warranty to their dealers with little if any bounceback. Oregon did at one time have their limited lifetime warranty thing but to get a claim you had to actually send the old part in to Oregon and wait for them to inspect/approve the claim and send you a replacement - Of course if you didn't mind down time, it could save you a few pennies (Or not considering postage costs these days)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Oregon 07-066 filters

Postby SUKI » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:24 am

Well personally it is a hassle and embarrassing having to do reworks because lousy quality controls by these aftermarket vendors. They got a good rep but are destroy with poor quality parts lately. I have several parts parts lately from just about all products to come in defective. I even had one $95 MTD carb to fail less a week after installation where the needle seat failed.

Last week it was a gauge wheel and a depth gauge tool that were faulty from Rotary. A couple weeks before that Amazon screwed up up and sent me a 24 vdc battery charger for a wheel motor.

Yesterday Wal-Mart tried charging sales tax on a tax exempt account for v-belts and 30 qts of motor oil I needed for JD mower. Their customer couldn't understand why I was complaining so I just ordered from some one else.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Technical Discussion Forum