• Advertisement

stihl br 600 blower wont throttle up

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

stihl br 600 blower wont throttle up

Postby plotthound » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:08 pm

my stihl blower starts up fine on choke but dies when i give it throttle.i checked the spark arrestor it was clean,installed new plug,air filters and fuel filters.pulled the carb apart and put it in the ultra sonic cleaner reassembled but still no joy.i never put a carb kit in it so thats my next step.was wondering if theres anything else i could try?
plotthound
Guide

Advertisement

Re: stihl br 600 blower wont throttle up

Postby RoyM » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:49 pm

Did you replace the in tank fuel filter and check the valve clearance?
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby plotthound » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:50 am

i changed both filters in the tank but have not checked the valves.
plotthound
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:51 am

Most likely the metering diaphragm has stiffen with age.

I am thinking that you would be needing the Zama RB-166 carburetor kit. Note: This not available from Zama due to Stihl barring them from selling direct. And Stihl only offers a GND kit if your local Stihl dealer can even order that. My local dealer couldn't get the GND kits and had to install new carbs.

Now CTS does sells an aftermarket repair kit thru Amazon.

Also note there was a couple older carbs that the RB-166 kit does not fit used on the BR600.

Later carburetors also use a 4mm Hex adjustment tool. And this is provided that Stihl hasn't changed to the 8 side tool.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby plotthound » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:43 am

Thanks for all the info guys, the problem turned out to be really loose valves.re-gapped them and now it tuns like a champ.used a slice of pop can for a guage.i never even knew the damn thing had valves.a guy can learn things everyday. Cheers
plotthound
Guide

Postby creia » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:06 pm

plotthound wrote:Thanks for all the info guys, the problem turned out to be really loose valves.re-gapped them and now it tuns like a champ.used a slice of pop can for a guage.i never even knew the damn thing had valves.a guy can learn things everyday. Cheers

Congratulations plothound! 8-)
The help you received and your resulting success is yet another testament to just how valuable this forum is and we ALL need to do whatever it takes to keep it going.
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum