• Advertisement

Are engine manufactures now refusing to provide parts?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Are engine manufactures now refusing to provide parts?

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:58 pm

I have a Loncin G300FA horizontal shaft engine in the shop. Currently I am unable to find any for the IPL or parts. Even the Loncin website does even list this engine. What worst is the log splitter it is on don't have model/serial tags so it parts are also not available.

IS this where equipment manufacture no longer supporting their equipment after the sale? IE: Screw the buyer as much as we can.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Are engine manufactures now refusing to provide parts?

Postby RoyM » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:47 pm

The customer gets what he pays for as usual. I wouldn't have wasted my time writing up a service order but that's just me.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:11 pm

If it was anything other carburetor I probably would have.

It is the second engine that I couldn't get oem parts for. The other was a two year Briggs engine. Briggs only had a carb repair kit available for it. Ignition coil was out so it became junk.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:08 pm

Looncin has been around quite a while, but as you find, I never had any luck finding parts or service information , most of what I could find were ATV Related but doesn't do much good for OPE stuff... Generally in such a case, I'd take a guess at what clone model might be similar and see if I could match up parts for it (Sometimes Subaru parts will work where Honda parts won't)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:02 am

I hate guessing at doing repairs.

I just turn away the business next time if a Loncin is involved just like I don't touch the HFT engines. The customer will just have to suffer with their mistakes.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Norm » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:53 pm

sadly, when a piece of equipment ceases to display a manufacture or brand name, a model number and or a serial number that machine becomes a "guessing game", as you point out.
That said, I have discovered in the past year that certain parts are listed as available, however the supply chain is currently not able to keep up with demand. I'm not certain why, but tis that way.
If your issue is carb related, why do you need a new one? Is it rebuildable? I have had a great deal of success with Honda Carb parts interchanging in many Loncin carbs.
Norm

Location: Quesnel. British Columbia, Canada (the beautiful Cariboo Region)

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm

This is problem. I operate on a less a shoe string budget so ordering incorrect parts is a no no. And personally I do hate guessing and getting it wrong as then the ordered parts are useless to my operation.

It is becoming very apparent to me that these knockoffs are just that knockoff with no support whatsoever. No wonder I refuse to work on the Harbor Freight engine already.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum