• Advertisement

Kohler's Partners Dealer support.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler's Partners Dealer support.

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:50 am

Well I am fighting another battle with my Afib acting up. Doctor started me on Eliquis yesterday to help with it. Afib is not something I wish on anyone. Fine one monent and falling down the next from dizziness.

Not what I am posting about here, just a Kohler Partners website note on short blocks.

Recently I notice per paperwork on a new short block install here that we should looking up short block ipls after we received Kohler engines that had been shorted block per their short block SNs if we are needing internals for the new short block. Well I tried and the current system doesn't allow that. But after emailing Kohler Tech support it is supposed to work; however, not all of the short block SNs have been loaded and that they are working on resolving that issue in the near future. We actually should had been to do the same using the SB pns as a model number but doesn't work currently either.

This is something very important for them to do as they are changing parts in the new short blocks vs the original engine setup. Hopefully they will get this done sooner than later as I personally done ran across two engines with new short blocks. I have been lucky in the sense it has been external problems and not something inside those short blocks so far.

Here is a couple examples of an engine that has been short block should be labeled. One of the ones I came across only had the second serial number label applied.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Kohler's Partners Dealer support.

Postby bgsengine » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Just wait til you get the ones in that some other tech put in the short block and didn't bother to apply the SB sticker.... :bricks:
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Kohler's Partners Dealer support.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:56 am

Yelp, We do have those darn lazy techs out there. I already have enough problem engines OEM that won't provide parts. But as long we folks that are willing to buy the cheapest items and think they are saving money, they can just keep with more of their money later.

Just in the last month I had one that more willing to spend $4000 for new box store JD mower than spend $1000 JD L120 that is twice the mower even with the age on it. And I think I just got burned by another customer that authorized spending $620 on a Dixie Chopper LX2001 mower. Can't help they run it without oil and didn't how to get replacement connected along with the deck that needed new belts, idlers, and bearings. That was the one with odd hole in the cylinder head. They had the old engine with just happen to be the same CV20 block (unknown spec on the replacement engine, no labels). Just got lucky on that or it would had been another $250.

Update: The customer came and got the DC LX2001 just a little a bit ago. Says he just been just extra busy at the nursery.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum