• Advertisement

Vacuum Fuel Pumps

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Vacuum Fuel Pumps

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:17 am

Apparently there is a lot of defective aftermarket fuel pumps lately. This year the Oregon 07-700 pumps all fail except one in minutes of installation and operation. And I had a group of five on back order from since April and told Friday the latest batch they received failed the testing so they were still list as back order. I just cancelled that part of my order.

These are simple pump and no one can make a good one any more that can handle E10 fuels? I did read earlier this year that the EPA approved the E15 use in the US so it could be sneaking in here. But customer that I had three pumps to fail on was using supposedly 100% pure gasoline.

On the Oregon pumps I was able to disassemble them and found the rubber fabric check valves were curling up from fuel contact damage.
Anybody have these issues or is it just me?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Vacuum Fuel Pumps

Postby Gerry » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:16 am

I'v replaced 8 this year and sold about 6 and had no problem as of yet. But IMHO QA is lacking overall in a lot of OPE in the last couple of years expecially in belt length.
Gerry
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:27 am

I haven't purchased any OPE belts in a few year as most times RBI is pushing the PIX belts which seems to be on the money belt size wise. Even most of the PIX MTD belts are usually good to use; although, I am a little leery of any MTD aftermarkets especially drive belts. My worst offender was the A&I (Sunbelts) as nearly every one of them were sized wrong. They didn't even meet their own published specs.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:12 am

I basically put 2 shop packs of the Briggs pumps and a couple that come packaged with the formed line (799056) with my stock up and I'm more than good for the year. Put them on anything that fits. No comebacks. I did buy a couple of the "reverse" mount Kawasaki style from Stens. Nothing had bit me there yet.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum