• Advertisement

WALBRO WYA Series

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

WALBRO WYA Series

Postby Merkava_4 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:28 am

Would you guys know where the o-ring #29 goes to?

My guess is it goes into the Purge Body Assembly (not shown)

ECHO PB-9010T Blower

Merkava_4
Guide

Advertisement

Re: WALBRO WYA Series

Postby Skywatcher » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:32 am

Hi M

Part # 8 is the main jet and O-ring # 29 is the main jet O-ring. These go directly under the needle in the rotating barrel. Turn the carburetor over and you'll see a recess or cavity under the main fuel nozzle or emulsion tube, the O-ring and jet go into this cavity. If you see a small brass circle, the main jet is still in place. Lift the brass circle (main jet) out with a small screw driver, then lift the old O-ring out with an O-ring pick. Put a drop of oil into the cavity to help the new O-ring seat, then press the main jet into the O-ring. Hope this helps,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:28 am

Just careful getting the jet out as it can be easily lost on the bench and shop floor.

And just for added info this PB-9010T is the same as the Shindaiwa EB910RT. I just work on both for same customer.

The EB910RT has come back for problems but it is customer induced problems this time. The unit would run at full for over 45 minutes sitting on the bench but when I actually finally to get it on my back and used it a couple days later it would not even it 15 minutes. Starving for fuel symptom. Well pulled the fuel and it was 3/4 black with crap. Poured the fuel mix out into a clear and that when I found the tank with lots of grass clippings. Replaced the filter, air dried and blown out the tank, and filtered the fuel as I put it back in. Ran over an hour on my back using it to blow leaves out my long 450 ft ditch with normal power up and downs during the use.

Also make sure the starter clutch dogs are not worn out as that was the problem with the PB-9010T of the customer's.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Merkava_4 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:53 am

Hey thanks Sky! With your instructions, I was able to find the o-ring. :D

KE4AVB, I don't doubt that for a second. Contaminated fuel and carburetors don't mix.
Merkava_4
Guide

Return to Technical Discussion Forum