• Advertisement

Troybilt Generator Model Number

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Troybilt Generator Model Number

Postby lefty » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:35 pm

I was given this unit by a neighbor and made a big mistake.

I was taking down the numbers off of it and wiped my finger across the model tag to clear the dust and take a picture, not realizing that the plastic layer of the label was not there. I wiped most of the model and serial off with my finger. I was able to get engine numbers, partial model on the unit and partial serial. The bar codes are also visible but appear to only return a UPC. I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd post these photos in the hope that someone may be able to make heads or tails.

Thank you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dVYy6hfZGYRuRLnL9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mBXVAMLCi668wGFd9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5pGwBZ5hZJG2dp3X9
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Troybilt Generator Model Number

Postby lefty » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:38 pm

lefty
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:42 pm

It is pretty much a Briggs Generac , MOdel number might clear up a little if you took several pics with different lighting angles and then blow them up a bit, can make out some of the numbers, but others look to need a change in lighting angle..

If you can stitch together enough images you can likely puzzle out the model/serial (and you'll surely need the Revison number as well, which looks to be -02 ? )
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby lefty » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:00 pm

lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:08 pm

Try a UV light but it might be the 030247-1 But can't the tag here either; although, I do see a "247"
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:11 pm

That's actually it. That's what the barcode returned. But I couldn't find anything when I looked that up.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:59 pm

lefty wrote:That's actually it. That's what the barcode returned. But I couldn't find anything when I looked that up.

https://www.partstree.com/models/030247 ... -200870-2/

Edit to explain: I just typed 0-30247-1 into google search, and that was the first result (after a bunch of mathematics websites) - Sometimes knowing how manufacturers parts catalogs are set up (with the dashes in model numbers) can make a difference - Long ago, programmers did not know how to handle text strings with special characters (or their programming language or database type would not permit it) so they'd strip out things like that from strings before processing or display, and often manufacturer's data ended up being thus corrupted even though the actual as-designed information considered the dashes, spaces, leading zeroes and etc. an important feature of their system.
Last edited by bgsengine on Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:34 am

lefty wrote:That's actually it. That's what the barcode returned. But I couldn't find anything when I looked that up.

Well my bar code scanner can't scan on screen bar codes that was out just other research was used to track it down.

But BGS has already link an IPL source the generator and of course you need to look up the engine separately.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:26 am

Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum