• Advertisement

tecumseh hs50-67244e has me stumped

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: tecumseh hs50-67244e has me stumped

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:34 am

Well if it ran before the valve replacement then it must some assembly error I would think. Go back over things slowly (taking your time) and see if you can find something miss assemble.

Also this appears to be one those internal coil setup so I can't help much at all as I never had one in my shop.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:14 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Well if it ran before the valve replacement then it must some assembly error I would think. Go back over things slowly (taking your time) and see if you can find something miss assemble.

Also this appears to be one those internal coil setup so I can't help much at all as I never had one in my shop.

Lol. Got plug and coil from other. No fire. So just did what you suggested. Rethink. Pulled the starter cup. At flywheel keyway I thought I was looking at key before and it may be key but no crank keyway and cw 90 degrees I see keyway of crank and probably rest of key. Thinking now the cam stopping did want to stop crank and flywheel key was less force than pressed on crank gear. So now to pull flywheel.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:54 pm

creia wrote:The first thing I would do (before spending any $$) is set your valve lash properly (.004-.008") then try starting it again. When old "T-Man" was on this forum (I miss him :( ) he said set them both to .006", which I have been doing for years. I bet when you do that you will find that it is easier to pull the starter cord by hand then it was before, and.... it just MIGHT even run!
Michael

When old "T-Man" was on this forum (I miss him

Back in T mans days on the Perr forum's he helped me on some Tecumshe's that I would bad mouth and T man would correct me fast. The T was for Tecumseh MAN.

I did not care for working on the hunting and surging Tecumseh's engines, they were just not as user friendly as the old Briggs engines..
Had a H-35 on a generator that would not run good due to me being on the wrong H35 spec page in the Tecumseh L-head manual I had replaced the adjustable timing magneto and set the timing wrong. T-man got me on the right page using the code for the year of manu and now days I have some old good running Tecumseh's.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:23 am

Felling stupid but it's fixed. New key and it fires right up. Lesson learned. Look closer.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:28 am

Hey it happen to all of us at one time or another. Just at how dumb I was trying out my new spark tester. Twin cylinder that I thought was running fine turned out to have one dead coil and it had to the one I was testing the new spark tester on. I knew the tester was supposedly idiot proof but apparently I am a bigger idiot than it was designed for. :lol:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum