• Advertisement

Husqvarna Autotune

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Husqvarna Autotune

Postby Merkava_4 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:42 pm

You guys ever hear about that? I was browsing OPEF and found out about it a few minutes ago. Out of curiosity, I downloaded the parts drawing for the Husqvarna T540XP. On the drawing it shows a wiring harness that plugs into the carburetor. Right then and there I got the feeling that any attempt to manually adjust the fuel mixture was going to be impossible. I'm sure glad I don't own the saw. It seems like it would be a nightmare.
Merkava_4
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Husqvarna Autotune

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:09 am

Its been out for a long time. It is much like the Stihl M-tronics. But I never ran across a saw with it.

Now with that said go to the downloads under Husqvarna 2 cycle directory you will find a manual on troubleshooting the Auto Tune system. The software disk PN is not listed but you will need at least a laptop and one of two cables (part numbers are listed for these).

Now the software itself must be gotten from a dealer as it is dealer only item.

Personally I would just let the dealer deal with the headaches as a small shop it is rare for us to come across these units.

Diagnostic Tool Kit is PN 583897101. But as said the software is separate and i have purchased the kit yet here either.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:24 am

Also looking at the C1M-EL40 Auto tune carb there is no adjustment screws other idle speed.

http://www.zamacorp.com/tclist.html?cnum=C1M-EL40H
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:15 pm

I also uploaded 3 additional files.

One on an old reset procedure and two T540 Service Manuals. Check the Husqvarna 2 cycle directory for these.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum