• Advertisement

Kohler Engine IPL

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler Engine IPL

Postby dennis » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:28 pm

I am looking for an illustrate parts list, actually an exloded parts drawing, for a Kohler Model CH11S, Spec 16141 engine. I am aware of the ipls on sites such as PartsTree, but am looking for something more detailed, and that shows how the parts actually go together. Any help would be appreciated.
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Kohler Engine IPL

Postby bgsengine » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:48 pm

For how things go together, you probably would want a repair manual? Any IPL that might be published from Kohler will be pretty much identical in drawings to the IPL you will find at partstree, etc - They use the same exact images.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:49 pm

Kohler Partners don't list that Coltec engine spec. But normally the IPLs are no better than the Partstree ones anyway.

Try downloading the CH11-16 Service Manual as it does have some assembly instructions.

Hint: Look in the Downloads forum here. Two ways of getting the SM there.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:54 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Kohler Partners don't list that Coltec engine spec. .
Also note, the spec number may be under a different model series than CH11 so I'd normally just search on the spec number alone... Results on that: https://origin.kohlerenginesparts.com/o ... ltec-parts
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:13 am

It not that. The dealers Partners website has been screwed up ever since it was put into service to replace Kohler Plus... Lots IPLs missing on the site. Thanks that other vendors like Partstree has them available.

Just link/bookmarked the resource you posted BGS.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 am

KE4AVB wrote:Just link/bookmarked the resource you posted BGS.

My resource was Google/ Bing. I just put "Kohler engine spec 16141" into search box on Bing (my default Search Engine these days), and link I posted was the second result. Otherwise never knew it was there- I had been expecting to find a link to KohlerPlus , myself.... but then this one seemed to be a Kohler website too?
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:56 am

Lately I been using Quack Quack search engine and pull up generally the same info.

What Kohler did was to get rid of Kohler Plus in flavor of the Partners dealer Website. It was done a few years ago and the Partner Website is still nearly useless when compared to the old Kohler Plus Dealer site. Oh I have been promised that improvements are coming but Kohler, Italy keeps coming very short of what is promised.

We supposedly able to look-up engines by the serial number. Well that works only new complete engines but not for the new short blocks. I had to beg for IPL of three short blocks here and all three had different internal parts than the engine block they replaced.

The first time I ran into not being able to lookup by serial was on a Bad Boy ZTR two years ago. It had two serials decals which kinda threw me off too. But I have since install a couple short blocks and now know Kohler sends new decals with new serial numbers.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dennis » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:53 pm

Thanks, KE4AVB & bgsengine. That really helped me.
dennis
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:25 pm

KE4AVB wrote:It not that. The dealers Partners website has been screwed up ever since it was put into service to replace Kohler Plus... Lots IPLs missing on the site. Thanks that other vendors like Partstree has them available.

Just link/bookmarked the resource you posted BGS.

Sorry for taking this in another direction but I just wondering what is Kohler trying to prove with this new site? I'm looking for a short block for a SV540-0019 found a number 20 522 11 went to Kohler Plus to verify my number to see if it was the correct one for a gravity feed and I cant find squat. Couldnt even find the replacement engine number.....thud. Maybe I need to be a dealer but just cant see going that route.

EDIT: Went to another site and this is a cut and past of the opening remarks. "NOTICE: Your engine is no longer made by Kohler." If that is accurate who makes Kohler?
Gerry
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:04 pm

As far as I know the Kohler Plus has been gone for a while now. It is the Partners - Dealers site now. Unless Kohler restored Kohler Plus without telling us with dealer access.

Have pull the SBs a nd TTs.

20 522 11 superseded to 20 522 18 which is for the gravity fed. Reference SB-254. Also see the serial number note in SB-254 as you may need a different short block.
Also you will need to order new flywheel fan parts Reference TT-5223

I uploaded both of these to the Kohler downloads section under Service Bulletins.

And the replacement engine is SV540-0200 superseded to SV540-3228 per Partners - Dealer site.

Also the short block is factory dropped shipped.

The no longer made by Kohler just means Kohler no longer make that engine spec. You then order the replacement if listed.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum