• Advertisement

Bar Codes

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Bar Codes

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 pm

Anyone else has used bar codes to figure out what model mower you are working on when there is no model/serial decal present? I just had a SP mower to come in with no label other than a bar code label. I ran the bar code it came back two possible then I narrow that to the correct one based the engine's date code.

Now I have a new use for my bar code scanner.

Here is an example what can be found by entering the bar code.

https://www.upcindex.com/43033565788
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Bar Codes

Postby hanz63 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

It's a good tool. Sometimes I come up empty handed. Tends to do Ok on the Briggs QR's.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm

It like my accounting system has caught Stens re-using bar codes which I have to correct on this end as most of my parts are OEM. But yes it is a hit and miss when using the net to look up bar codes but it can pull your butt out of fire at times. Glad I brought the 1D/2D scanner.

The more info get on the net the easier it becomes for us to find things. Sometimes things we don't need to know. :lol:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 pm

You must have something fancier than I. I just have a QR / barcode app on my eye phone..
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

NetumScan NSL8S-VINE is what I am for the business here.

KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum