• Advertisement

Briggs 33R877-0034-G1

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Briggs 33R877-0034-G1

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:44 pm

Anyone knows the eccentric specs for the crankshaft and the counterweight link bearing? The ones in the service manual are wrong for the links. No way a 15.98mm eccentric link bearing is going to fit a 68.10 crankshaft eccentric journal.

Edit: Ahhh darn it they should be the same a 31 series Intek.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Briggs 33R877-0034-G1

Postby Arkie » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:26 pm

Just a heads up about the counterbalance parts in the Single cylinder inteks.

I had couple of the OHV single cylinder Inteks apart not long ago and noticed the counterbalances were different in each engine. I was surprised to see such but I'm getting to where nothing about Briggs is really a big surprise :o now days so I do not assume anything.

I did not go the IPL's by engine codes to see if the IPL's listed were correct for each engine counterbalance.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:51 pm

They definitely not supporting the techs anymore; unless, you are buying a lot of parts. PD dumped me because at the time I was getting a better discount from A&I. But I am no longer an A&I dealer either due their ridiculous demand of an annual purchase of $3000 when I couldn't even get their sales rep to return my emails for price quotes.

This morning I got referred to PD about this. But I know not to call them as they couldn't even tell why the EFI software would not update. And then they closed my PowerPortal account. Luckily I had put in a back door so I still got access.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:14 am

Okay I just going to update my OHV Intek Single manual. So users will find two versions in my directory now; original and an edited versions.

I have compared several 33 and 31 engines IPLs and they all had the same 793242 links so apparently some nut case at Briggs entered the wrong info. I also found a SAE to metric conversion error in the 31 series specs. Also corrected that.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum