• Advertisement

Honda GX200 6.5 Will any parts fit other Honda models?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda GX200 6.5 Will any parts fit other Honda models?

Postby ChaneSore001 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:42 am

Honda GX200 motor on a water pump, motor is kaput, probably big end failure, sounds klonky when pulling on starter cord.
I have various other Hondas, would any parts from this be useful for spare parts?
ChaneSore001

Advertisement

Re: Honda GX200 6.5 Will any parts fit other Honda models?

Postby bgsengine » Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:38 am

Sure- plenty of those parts will fit other GX series. (and can also fit non-honda clones ) so I guess answer would depend, if you need parts for the other models, how rare, how long, and how dear would getting those parts be, from other sources.. some places might find it difficult to procure parts - used or new, so bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush and all that... (especially if parts can be "made to fit" with a little creativity)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby ChaneSore001 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:14 am

Thanks for the info bgs, will put it away until I or someone else needs some secondhand parts although my various old Hondas tend to just keep going and going.
ChaneSore001

Postby Arkie » Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:20 pm

ChaneSore001 wrote:Thanks for the info bgs, will put it away until I or someone else needs some secondhand parts although my various old Hondas tend to just keep going and going.

I've used the honda engine valves, valve springs and valve train parts and the complete heads on the HF predator engines (Honda clone engines) with good results.

The Predators are know to have a weak valve system, even the valves are wimpy.
I've seen the valves pop off the stem and the broken part's casting look like sand grains the stems are so weak.
On some the complete recoil rope assembly will sub from the Honda to the predator.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:23 pm

Many parts should work on the HF engines. When I worked for a Honda dealer we were told if their rep caught us installing Honda parts on clones we risked losing our dealership. Ditto with Briggs.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:05 am

RoyM wrote:Many parts should work on the HF engines. When I worked for a Honda dealer we were told if their rep caught us installing Honda parts on clones we risked losing our dealership. Ditto with Briggs.

Among other reasons is why I not a dealer.

I have been lucky as I rarely see a HFT engine my shop. Most people that buys them are too cheap to bring them to my shop for proper repairs.

And as for Briggs I had one engine last year that was only two years old that Briggs would not even provide parts for so it had to fixed using Honda parts. Luckily it was a Honda clone engine.

And have anyone noticed that it is getting harder and harder to get any of the parts for the cloned engine from the their respective manufactures? Most just want to sale a new engine instead.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum