• Advertisement

Toro 20017 w/ LEV120

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Toro 20017 w/ LEV120

Postby jwales » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:19 pm

friends personal pace will start but not stay running. drained the fuel from tank. blew out tank with compressor, no debris found. Fuel lines in good shape. Pulled the carb for a thurough cleaning, put it back on and realized the breather tube was missing (before I took off carb). Well I decioded to try starting it anyway. It starts with three primes and will run for about15 seconds then stops. Tried this sevral times no change. Do I just need to do a better job of cleaning the carb or with the breather tube missing cause the same symtoms? :?:
Thanks

Oh this unit also has electric start. I think the battery is bad. Used the battery charger to get the starter to spin so that seems good. There is an inline fuse from the ignition to battery, it is a 40 amp. Is that appropriate size?? Seemed to me like it should be 20 or less.

First post to the new site :D
jwales
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Toro 20017 w/ LEV120

Postby bgsengine » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:24 pm

breather tube shouldn't affect it like that so I would have to say need to do better on the carb cleaning. :)

Not sure on the fuse, can't recall ever changing one out but 40 amps does seem like an awful big fuse - can't say that I have ever seen a 40 amp ATC Fuse in use (But HAVE seen the big "Maxi" fuses) , but an in-line Buss glass fuse, you sure you're not reading the "40" in 40V ? (which would NOT be a surprise. I have an "oldie" in a toolbox drawer - 5A 40V)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby mwerles » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 pm

did you clean the idle airbleed hole? it is the little brass piece covered by a plastic cap,there is a very tiny hole in the end of it.Can be done without removing carb
Les
mwerles
Forum Regular

Postby smallen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:42 pm

the 40 amp fuse (orange)is correct for your mower, it protects starter during cranking
brian tti uses these 40a fuses in some of the driver switch assy
smallen
Forum Regular

Postby wobbedennis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:51 pm

That seems like a lot still, and yes on the better carb cleaning. It runs on a prime so that tells ya that the mechanical and ignition components are in good shape
wobbedennis
Forum Regular

Return to Technical Discussion Forum