• Advertisement

Broken Briggs Inlet Manifold - Anyone tried Alarldite?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Broken Briggs Inlet Manifold - Anyone tried Alarldite?

Postby bgsengine » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:49 pm

rogerf wrote:Speed data seems very hard to find. :roll: Wish I knew where to find it when you have the full serial number :!: :!:

For the most part if you have engine model and type/spec number, post here and someone can look it up - most engine manufacturer lookups have that information in replacement engine section. Not all of it is available to the public, but it is there.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby rogerf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:43 am

Hallo bgsengine :D

Thanks for your reply. I have two engines that I'm interested in setting the speed on back to what it should be, they are

12F802 3112 B1 0305 2759 and 10A902 2143 B1 0108 0954.

I'd like to set them both to the original specification as I suspect they are both running a bit fast. I have a "TREYSIT SIROMETER VIBRATION TACHOMETER" which is branded Tecumseh and an "el cheapo" Chinese electronic rev counter :oops: which is a black plastic box with a single wire coming out of it. They both seem to agree closely :shock: which is helpful!

Looking forward to receiving some speed info for two engines!

Cheers,
Roger
rogerf
Guide

Postby wristpin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:02 am

I'm ashamed to say that I've never read that page - have now! However based on UK practice I'll stick to the figures in my post as being sensible rpm settings. If I set my 19" Hayter Harrier (UK roller rotary grass collecting mower) at 3600 it would sound as though it was fit to bust, drink fuel and I would be running after it! In the days when BS quoted horse power figures they were always given at 3600 rpm regardless of the fact that the engine was governed to 28' or 3300. No wonder there were law suites over misquoted horsepower figures.
wristpin
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum