• Advertisement

Echo PB-260L backpack blower carb issue

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Echo PB-260L backpack blower carb issue

Postby bgsengine » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Mek-a-nik wrote:Well, I'm confused.

Wouldn't partially blocking off the exit air INCREASE the load on the engine? If you took this to the next logical step, and blocked off the air entirely, it certainly would.

Nope - its the same principle as with pressure washers - when it isn't spraying, water is under pressure in the pump but just recirculating (pressure equalized) thereby removing the load from the engine. whether it is air or liquid - if pressure is equalized, engine is doing almost no work other than maintaining pressure - using the same air/water that was there already, and thus, not loaded...
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Mek-a-nik » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:05 pm

90+ret-d wrote:The power required is a combination of air volume and air pressure, blocking the air outlet causes an increase in pressure but reduces the volume so the HP required actually does become less. Try it on any blower, it works the same. Requires less HP to maintain pressure than to move a high volume of air or anything else.

Okay, that makes sense. I was picturing it more as a positive displacement pump, or like having a clogged muffler.

bgsengine wrote:Nope - its the same principle as with pressure washers - when it isn't spraying, water is under pressure in the pump but just recirculating (pressure equalized) thereby removing the load from the engine. whether it is air or liquid - if pressure is equalized, engine is doing almost no work other than maintaining pressure - using the same air/water that was there already, and thus, not loaded...

Got it.

Thanks, gents.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Postby jwales » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Just wanted to "close out" this post. I was not able to access the hi speed jet adjustment and I believe this was the "factory carb". I did put a new plug and filter in. Still could only get it to idle. It idled great! Found a replacement carb for around $14.00 and slapped it on...WooHoo it worked! This carb hi speed jet adjustment was standard screw head and with a minor adjustment was running full throttle, just like new!! Thanks for all the advice!
jwales
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum