• Advertisement

MTD->>Stanley Black & Decker

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

MTD->>Stanley Black & Decker

Postby aj-allen » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Stanley Black & Decker has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a 20 percent stake in MTD Products Inc., a privately held global manufacturer of outdoor power equipment, for $234 million in cash. Under the terms of the agreement, Stanley Black & Decker has the option to acquire the remaining 80 percent of MTD beginning on July 1, 2021.
aj-allen
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:32 am

Advertisement

Re: MTD->>Stanley Black & Decker

Postby bgsengine » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:31 pm

No big surprise there. especially with Husqvarna exiting the box store consumer segment , MTD wil just about have a virtual monopoly on that market Probably going to end up killing SBD's stock price though for a while til they can show MTD ads to their bottom line
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
....
The Shop
    Current Briggs & Stratton MST
    Echo Certified Technician
    Kohler Expert Tech
User avatar
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST
Kohler Expert
Kohler Expert
NAEDA Member
NAEDA Member
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 pm
Location: Northcentral P.A.

Re: MTD->>Stanley Black & Decker

Postby RoyM » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:52 pm

I wonder what the reasoning is. They have to know how the box store market works.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:38 pm
Location: Okanagan valley British Columbia

Re: MTD->>Stanley Black & Decker

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 am

Just another nightmare waiting to happen where we won't be able to get parts for the older equipment.
User avatar
KE4AVB
Forum Pro
 
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:23 am
Location: TorLand


Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron