• Advertisement

Just a word of Caution for Bobo.. ;)

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Just a word of Caution for Bobo.. ;)

Postby bgsengine » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 am

http://solomonswords.blogspot.com/2015/ ... emade.html

I'm sure you know of the dangers.. but thought it appropriate for our resident cannoneer :shock: :twisted:

(Austin, PA is a little town a bit south of us.. if you ever come up this way, be sure and visit the damn dam.. hehehe.. beyond me why a town would be so proud of a busted dam... I prefer the working one over in Kinzua. )
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Advertisement

Re: Just a word of Caution for Bobo.. ;)

Postby okie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:19 am

Austin, PA Man Killed When Homemade Cannon Explodes At Lamoka Lake
According to a posting by WETM, an Austin, PA man was killed about 10 PM on Saturday night on Taylor Road in the Town of Tyrone, NY.

The incident occurred at Lamoka Lake and officials report Jaames Whitney, 81, of Austin, PA, died when he was hit with shrapnel from the explosion of a homemade cannon

The Schuyler County Sheriff's office said the incident is still under investigation.

Posted by Solomon's words for the wise at 9/07/2015 02:28:00 AM

There is a video also if you want to wade thru all the ads.

Of course Bob is smarter than I and he would have found it in a nano sec. :bricks: I'm old but I'm slow or is it the other way round. :popcorn:

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

Not to mention I posted it to the wrong discussion forum somehow - I could have *sworn* I clicked on the general discussion one.. just noticed it come up in tech forum.. my bad.

But yeah - solomon's is our area's idea of local newspaper - only dailies we get would be from the "big city" which doesnt carry much local news, and the local print news is all weeklies... so it is a popular blog full of local advertising which can take a long freakin time to load if you have a slow connection.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby RoyM » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:50 pm

Bobo seems fond of living on the edge. :lol:
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:15 am

What scares me is the guy I gave one to ...who's friend told him they are way overbuilt and proceeded to load it to the muzzle.....they both lived.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RoyM » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Good thing, a liability suit might have been horrendous. We kids tried building one using sewer pipe, calcium carbide and rocks. Fortunately for all concerned it failed to fire.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion