• Advertisement

Craftsman Tools

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: Craftsman Tools

Postby Buckshot 1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:49 am

madmantrapper wrote:
Buckshot 1 wrote::) in my opinion they were 2nd/3rd grade tools. :usa:

You mean for 2nd or third graders.

:lol: :lol: Maybe so, but I think they are smarter than to buy them. :usa:
Don B, Ft. Wayne, IN., USAF 1962-1968
Buckshot 1
Forum Regular

Postby BushBoneYard » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:22 am

bgsengine wrote: but S-K - the good stuff, is still USA made, last I knew of.

I just happened to be researching S-K lately as I am on a "tool kick", As per their catalog.....

Anyway, glad to see this board. I was a long time lurker of the perr board and will probably be fairly quiet here as I am a weekend wrencher at best. I am very active in the Lawn and Garden tractor communities but my small engine knowledge is limited.

BBY
Last edited by BushBoneYard on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BushBoneYard

Postby okie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:55 am

BushBoneYard wrote:
bgsengine wrote: but S-K - the good stuff, is still USA made, last I knew of.

I just happened to be researching S-K lately as I am on a "tool kick", As per their catalog.....

"not only are all of our tools manuafactured in the USA, all of the components and raw materials are of USA origin as well"

I tried posting an image via Photo Bucket but no luck?

Anyway, glad to see this board. I was a long time lurker of the perr board and will probably be fairly quiet here as I am a weekend wrencher at best. I am very active in the Lawn and Garden tractor communities but my small engine knowledge is limited.

BBY

Welcome Bone yard
There are several on this forum that contribute very little (Including me :D ) but the more, the merrier.

A couple more post and then you will be able to post pictures.

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby DennyIN » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:50 am

I'm right there with you too BushBoneYard. I get on here several times a day to keep up with any new posts. I only do repairs on my equipment and for the local elderly neighboors, but lurk here to see what I can learn (and to be entertained by some of the comments).
DennyIN

Postby okie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 am

DennyIN wrote:I'm right there with you too BushBoneYard. I get on here several times a day to keep up with any new posts. I only do repairs on my equipment and for the local elderly neighboors, but lurk here to see what I can learn (and to be entertained by some of the comments).

Welcome Denny
Glad you have decided to join.
As you probably know by now, we have some smart people and knowledgeable people on this forum......... and some clowns :oops: ( names have been withheld to protect the dummies. :oops:

okie
Forum Pro

Postby kyfarmer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Had a similar experience at the local Sears to a few others. Clerk pulled a rusty ratchet out of a drawer and said they had to replace broken wrenches with "refurbished" wrenches. I told her I didn't want that rusty POS and she said that was all they were authorized to do. I asked if they had a rebuild kit in the store and they did. I rebuilt my 3/8 ratchet at home with the free rebuild kit and she kept her rusty one.
Local ACE hardware store has Craftsman signs up all over the place and an aisle dedicated to Craftsman tools. I asked a clerk about it and was told ACE was selling Craftsman now and Sears would eventually be getting away from Craftsman.
kyfarmer

Postby BushBoneYard » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:20 pm

okie wrote:Welcome Bone yard
There are several on this forum that contribute very little (Including me :D ) but the more, the merrier.

A couple more post and then you will be able to post pictures.

Thanks for the welcome and the pics info.

BBY
BushBoneYard

Postby BushBoneYard » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:24 pm

DennyIN wrote:but lurk here to see what I can learn (and to be entertained by some of the comments).

That's about my story too :)

On some threads I might as well be eaves dropping on a couple brain surgeons, but some of it gets through lol.
BushBoneYard

Postby okie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Hello KYFarmer
Your post count shows this is your first post. Welcome to the forum. I guess I had better take care of my craftsmen tools and other brands too. Warranty is not what it used to be. Come to think of it, This country ain't what it used to be. Again, welcome

okie
Forum Pro

Postby BushBoneYard » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:05 pm

I have a broken 10" adjustable I have been meaning to return for about, hmmm, 10 years now or so. I have never returned a tool to Sears for replacement but now I am curious to see how it will be handled. Honestly I have not shopped Sears for hand tools for quite a while. For the most part with my skill set HF stuff seems to work fine for me. For a diy homeowner type though, I feel I have a "respectable" quantity of quality tools. I have some S-K sockets and open ends that were my Dad's, a bunch of USA Craftsman stuff, some Fuller, A Husky set when they were American made and I am building quite the HF collection.
Last edited by BushBoneYard on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BushBoneYard

PreviousNext

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion