• Advertisement

Craftsman Tools

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: Craftsman Tools

Postby creia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:07 pm

BushBoneYard wrote:I have a broken 10" adjustable I have been meaning to return for about, hmmm, 10 years now or so. I have never returned a tool to Sears for replacement but now I am curious to see how it will be handled. Honestly I have not shopped Sears for hand tools for quite a while. For the most part with my skill set HF stuff seems to work fine for me. For a diy homeowner type though, I feel I have a "respectable" quantity of quality of tools. I have some S-K sockets and open ends that were my Dad's, a bunch of USA Craftsman stuff, some Fuller, A Husky set when they were American made and I am building quite the HF collection.

Go to Sears and return it and report back to us with your results. ;)
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby BushBoneYard » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:05 pm

creia wrote:Go to Sears and return it and report back to us with your results. ;)
Michael

Will do. This is the wrench to be returned.

BushBoneYard

Postby rthacker7 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Fancy meeting you here BBY. Nobody else has ask so I will, "what in the h*** did you do to that wrench?"
rthacker7

Postby BushBoneYard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 am

rthacker7 wrote:Fancy meeting you here BBY. Nobody else has ask so I will, "what in the h*** did you do to that wrench?"

I'm trying to hang out with a higher class of people :P .

About 10 years ago my brother and I, I'll call him Al [because that is his name], were working on my 1991 Grand Am. He was underneath the car cranking on something and I heard him say "S***, the wrench broke". It has been in the toolbox ever since. Now it's hanging on the wall, so it is one step closer to going back to Sears. Knowing me, probably just a few more years.......
BushBoneYard

Postby okie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:53 am

One quick question Boneyard.
Did it hurt the 18" cheater pipe. :o :o

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:31 pm

okie wrote:One quick question Boneyard.
Did it hurt the 18" cheater pipe. :o :o

Travis :usa:

Good one okie! :lol:
However, I bet it was more like a 3 FOOT "cheater pipe"!! :roll:
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby BushBoneYard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:33 pm

No cheater, just big bros two guns. As I recall, the wrench may have even been new and unused, maybe a bad cast/forge/whatever? :?: It was part of a 6,8,10 inch set given to me on my 18th birthday just about 30 years ago.
BushBoneYard

Postby Carlw » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:41 am

Bone yard. Not sure how the return policy is now, but it used to be that if it did not say Craftsman on the tool they would not replace it. Your crescent qualified. And they didn't give out restored tools. I stopped buying their tools because HF has a no question return policy, just keep the receipt. What I do is copy the receipt so it won't fad and keep them in as safe place. i don't know where their tools are made but they are good enough for me. Especially now that I am retarded. Oh by the way welcome to the new guys and Okie I resemble the D in dummy. Carl
Carlw
Forum Regular

Postby rthacker7 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:48 pm

"Proof of purchase (e.g. in-store receipt or packing slip/invoice), date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise"

I've often wondered what would happen if one were to return a HF hand tool, with the store receipt, if it had faded out.
One could argue it was their problem cause they printed the fading thermal receipt, ie they caused the problem.
Might be fun to try but I guess it would get nowhere.IDK
rthacker7

Postby BushBoneYard » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:57 pm

HF receipts are horrible. The minute I get one I basically put it in a hermetically sealed container lol. Best Buy is not any better. Now don't you go stirring up trouble at HF, you and your drawer full of free meters and flashlights. :P
BushBoneYard

PreviousNext

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion