• Advertisement

Affordable Care Act

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Affordable Care Act

Postby Henry » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:48 am

Happy New Year to all. In yesterdays mail I received a gift from our health insurance provider. Thanks to ObamaCare my monthly bill increased by $550.00, about a 60% up-charge.
Henry

Advertisement

Re: Affordable Care Act

Postby bgsengine » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:42 am

Yeah. Way I see it, if the tax penalty is $2,000 for not having insurance, but policy costs more than $170/month, It's cheaper to go without and just drop dead. Based on recent experiences with local health care system, I'd just as soon drop dead before being admitted to a hospital. - That's MY idea of Affordable Health Care. :)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby aj-allen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 am

bgsengine wrote:Yeah. Way I see it, if the tax penalty is $2,000 for not having insurance, but policy costs more than $170/month, It's cheaper to go without and just drop dead. Based on recent experiences with local health care system, I'd just as soon drop dead before being admitted to a hospital. - That's MY idea of Affordable Health Care. :)

+1 ;)
aj-allen
Forum Regular

Postby bobodu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, I went online to see what it would cost. Tami and I will get $734 a month in subsidies and it will cost me $423 for the plan w/5000 deductible.423 x 12 = 5076 .734 provided every month by the taxpayers is 8808. 13,884 a year and I still gotta pay the first five grand for two people !!! I still have yet to see ANYONE ask how our indebted Government can afford to pay almost nine grand for our healthcare plus that of at least 150 MILLION more just like us???
I bring through the door about two thousand a month. How is taking 1/4 of my takehome going to pay my other bills? I could well be forced into bankruptcy without a major medical crisis..
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:57 am

Affordable Care Act
I don't get a chance to use word this a lot but...

Affordable Care Act..............OXYMORON :o

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby boat21 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:43 am

Just to pipe in here the first question is WHY is health care bill so high, by the way I spent several years hard-core research in U.S. facts and numbers, I don’t do politics I'm a numbers fella and most come of Gov sites I don’t do Blogs CNN FOX etc.. I, nuts and bolts

Ground zero was 2 Dem attorneys in Calf ..Jacobs and Meyers… new young attorney in mid 70s that took their case to Calf Supreme court and won to advertise in Newspapers and TV. Prior to this it was illegal to do so. This took off across the U.S. I remember in the 80s when Jay Leno subbing for Carson said in his monologue said there’s now 3 ways to get rich in the U.S. 1 was inheritance, 2 was lottery and the 3rd new one was Sue sue sue.

I went into the construction business in 79 and my Liability INS doubled in the mid 80s. II also remember when my Ins said we will combine you with other business and you get “Group Policy to keep cost down’ and that did ZIP

Obama sales pitch was Exactly the same basing it on the Young joining "group" and they will NOT. Ironic how the same mistakes are made.

Gets this 48% of U.S. births in 2011 was paid by Medicaid. That same year 63% of the U.S. budget were checks written to individuals, which we receive no services from. WE ARE BROKE!!!
boat21

Postby bobodu » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:03 am

AARP says the "average family" will receive $5548 in subsidies. Using the numbers that I could find from the Census Bureau and IRS...Take the total number of average families and multiply by 5548. Comes out to 310 BILLION !!! Take the number of wage earning and cut that in half ( because half actually get refunds) and the cost to taxpayers is $5100 EACH !!!
Now go find some nice Obamacare supporters and ask them " If you pay $5000 for Obamacare and have a $5000 deductible....what does a $5000 broken leg cost you? I find most don't even know what a deductible even is....and after telling them....most can't add five plus five. :roll:
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:56 pm

The blind shall lead the blind and they all shall fall in the ditch. :(

okie
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:06 pm

I'm all set to watch this big speech tonight with all the brave new ideas. Got a big ole bottle of soda, a big ole bowl of popcorn and a big ole wastebasket to throw up in. Got my internet connection all tuned up to check facts on and Tami is curled up in the other room with her TV up as loud as it will go to drown out the yelling...Image
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:13 pm

bobodu wrote:I'm all set to watch this big speech tonight with all the brave new ideas. Got a big ole bottle of soda, a big ole bowl of popcorn and a big ole wastebasket to throw up in. Got my internet connection all tuned up to check facts on and Tami is curled up in the other room with her TV up as loud as it will go to drown out the yelling...Image

:D :D :D

okie
Forum Pro

Next

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion