• Advertisement

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Postby RoyM » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Just a thought. Can we have a NEW POSTS SINCE LAST VISIT button on each thread so we don't have to scroll the whole page to reach them?
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: New posts

Postby bgsengine » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 pm

what about the "View unread posts" link along the top , of the board index?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby RoyM » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:43 pm

That works but takes me to the beginning of the thread. I then have to go to the last page then scroll down.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Ah Hmm. Will see what we can do. Probably isn't the first time it has been requested on a forum.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby wristpin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:34 pm

bgsengine wrote:Ah Hmm. Will see what we can do. Probably isn't the first time it has been requested on a forum.

Definitely not the first time! Various forums that I subscribe to have variations such as "new since last visit/24hrs/ week etc" . "Current topics". "Active threads/topics".
Very useful when the forum becomes established and busy.
wristpin
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Amazingly enough, there appears to be no mods for phpBB3 to do just that.. Looks like it is something I'll have to brush off my coding skills to write a mod. it is *almost* there where they have that "go to newest post" but when you got a whole pile of new posts since last visit, that does not really do the job..

Maybe I'll just hire a freelancer (and likely someone to do a logo and site template foe the main site, I guess... Looks like ad revenue may eventually come to some good use!)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion