• Advertisement

Email notification

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Email notification

Postby lefty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:37 pm

I can not figure out how to get the site to send me notifications. I'm interested in knowing when someone responds to one of my posts. I am also interested in others. I've tried the settings / profile section, as well as subscribing to forums but no luck. Any advice?
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Email notification

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Checking the auto subscribe to email notice....
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby StarTech » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:55 pm

AVB see if you get this notice, Star
StarTech

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Notice received. Hmmm must a bad email address or it being caught in a spam filter.

Lefty let me know if you got the email.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:58 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Notice received. Hmmm must a bad email address or it being caught in a spam filter.

Lefty let me know if you got the email.

That was it. I used a gmail account that I don't log into. I just have all the mail forwarded to another gmail account that I log into frequently. Apparently, it was in the spam folder of the former.

As you may have guessed, there were several in there. Thanks for the help.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:31 pm

You might ought update email address in the user file then just in case you forget again and need to reset your password.

I have block some of those known disposable email providers. I was seeing a lot spam through them.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:43 pm

KE4AVB wrote:You might ought update email address in the user file then just in case you forget again and need to reset your password.

I have block some of those known disposable email providers. I was seeing a lot spam through them.

Good advice. I think I trust the forum enough now to give my primary email address. I have my primary and then others for forums and such that I'm not sure of when I sign up. You fellows seem alright to me.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion