• Advertisement

Dogs and Grass

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Dogs and Grass

Postby Skywatcher » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Greetings All

Hope everyone is enjoying this summer and not overheating. Forecast high for Sunday is +34ºC (+93ºF or 307ºK), it'll be a good afternoon to quietly write letters in the basement. Anyhow, back to the subject. When I clean out the underside of a lawn mower, I get these lumps of hard dried ground up grass. Our dogs will get hold of these lumps and chew on them until they're gone. I asked our vet about this, he said the dogs were just getting their vegetables for the day and eating that ground up grass probably does them good. Does anyone else's dogs eat the lumps of dried grass from lawn mower decks? Just curious. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Advertisement

Re: Dogs and Grass

Postby bobodu » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:17 am

Wife's little rat dog is always finding something to chew on out there....grass clumps,fungus and yesterday it was a baby bunny head the cat left behind. :o
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:54 am

Don't have a dog or cat here. But I do have chickens and they love to clean the decks somewhat for me looking for seeds. If have been cutting and stop at the shop I need to check the mower over before restarts to prevent me from killing one.

I only had one dog that was good with my chickens. He was a Australian Shepherd mix. He would not let anything brother them. I only had one problem with him and it was his love of cats. Every chance he got he had for dinner. I mean as dinner, just fur ball left the next morning.

As for temps we ending the week in the upper 90's. Yesterday it was 97f with heat index at 106f. Probably higher around the shop as a rain shower came through. The asphalt driveway was hitting 147F and the UV index here was 11.

Boy I miss those trees I had cut down but I got tired of cleaning up every week where they were breaking down. A whole truck of brush every week was getting to me plus the other repairs from the damage caused when they fell.

My deck cleaning crew at work. Can't see the hens that are in there as it too dark.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Dogs will eat grass if they have an upset stomach, they then regurgitate whatever is bothering them. Our niece has one that picks up rocks deposits them on the lawn then barks at them, he has issues. Her son is charged with making sure they are all picked up before his dad mows, there is trouble if he misses one. :lol:
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion