• Advertisement

Marriage

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Marriage

Postby okie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Commandment 1
Marriages are made in heaven.
But then again, so is thunder and lightning.

Commandment 2
If you want your wife to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Commandment 3
Marriage is grand -- and divorce is at least a 100 grand!

Commandment 4
Married life is very frustrating.
In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens.
In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.
In the third year, they both speak and the neighbours listen.

Commandment 5
When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: Either the car is new or the wife is.

Commandment 6
Marriage is when a man and woman become as one;
The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

Commandment 7
Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said. After marriage, he will fall asleep before you finish.

Commandment 8
Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding, economical, and a good cook. But the law allows only one wife.

Commandment 9
Marriage and love are purely a matter of chemistry.
That is why one treats the other like toxic waste.

Commandment 10
A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.

All this from a man who has been married 57 years this year...Travis :o

John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Marriage

Postby madmantrapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:55 pm

I can relate to this. I'm on 38 years.
madmantrapper
Guide

Postby okie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:24 pm

madmantrapper wrote:I can relate to this. I'm on 38 years.

In this day and age, that's a very good record. It takes 2 to make a marriage work, but if 2 people want it to work, it will. :D :D

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby boat21 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:25 am

Hears what I learned. The one who loves the least has the most control…Until you go to court.

I've look at marriage and divorce history rates and hears what I've found that changed marriages in the U.S.

What the 60s did to marriages from the Womens movement “I’m am women and hear me roar” marches. Also the equal pay diff. Women had a valid point. BUT the Lib movement didn't stop there Try this experiment and be honest. Get a piece of paper and 3 columns. Women/ Men/ African American.

Watch the adds and mark down how many times the Non Hispanic white male were made to look stupid and the Non Hispanic Women was the “Smart one” The ONLY time an African American was shown being stupid is if also made the Non Hispanic man in that same ad looked Stupid.

The Lib Women’s movement is WAY out of control.. Look at the Movies and TV shows and Cop shows where so many men have women bosses.

Now the cost of that movement: Prior to that movement the US household was based on one income. The more women entered the workforce the more disposable household income there was. Now the COST of goods took off from that availability in extra income. The market can only bear in what’s available in spending power

Now we have kid’s 2 parents work, latchkey kids, no parent home, still at work, Now U. S. H. S. grads rates drops, ( started in 1969) …. We have parents burned out to help with that homework, Now TWO bosses at home both wearing the same pants. Now we have over 50% of marriages fail.

The irony here is the women traded for work at home for the 9-5 job, she still sees housework’s So what was gained from Women s Lib ZIP we all suffered from that from the lady to the man to the kids.

On a side note the Gay marriage issue baffles me for one reason Why would you want to join and institution / club where over 50% of the members quit that club and use that to vote for a party???
boat21

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion