• Advertisement

new member into

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

new member into

Postby EKAP1200 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:19 am

Hello to all, This is my first post here on this forum, My name is Gene, AKA ekap1200. I am a profesional mechanic, ( heavy equipt. Deisel ) and have worked on many gas engines also. I changed careers 14 years ago and work doing military spare parts for a family owned machine shop, and welding shop. Here in the south jersey pinelands I work on most anything that rolls, pumps,walks or crawls. Coming of the age of 58 , a more simple way of making a living is leading me into small engine's. We have a small mower, ( snapper 8hp briggs ) that was passed down from my grandfather after his passing. It never would hold a charge , but had a pull start cord. As I finally got tired of pulling it I looked it over one winter and found the windings burnt and the insulators melted. Diode cracked and in an open condition. I remember my grandfather always complaining about it, and the dealers in Fla. would always just put a new battery in it. Well there was enough of the windings left to note the number of turns and the direction of the coils along with the wire gauge. Having access to a Water/Jet machine I fabricated some insulators and within a few hours had it rewound as the pic below shows
Well thought I had a pic. Had to post a smaller size. Keeps reporting the size is wrong but this image is 640 x 480. any thoughts on why I can not post this pic. ? I post to many forums powered by phpbb that allow the width to be 640 wide not 600 max.
I had no manual to work with and have had no trouble with keeping the batt at full charge, at full throttle I have a voltage of 16.2 DC off of the half wave rectifier diode that I had also replaced with a 5amp diode. That voltage is with a fully charged batt. Sure is nice for this old man to just turn the key. It worked so well that I also utilized the lighting coil to power one 55 watt fog light for the front which came in handy during our snow storms recently. Not getting home from work until dark, it make plowing the drive-way and walk ways a pleasure in the dark.
Well enough about me. Eugene Kapuscinski,
PS I am far enough south to have lawnmower racing in the area in the summer. LOL
EKAP1200

Advertisement

Re: new member into

Postby okie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 am

Welcome Eugene (ekap1200)
You are supposed to have 3 or 4 posts before you can post pictures and they are limited to 600. I don 't know if that by design or default.

This is a good place to intro your self. If you want specific answers, then the forum above is the place to go. (Tech forum) Please give make, model,code and any other info that may be appliable.
I, for one, am impressed about the rewinding.

Again, welcome aboard

Travis :usa:
Last edited by okie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:42 am

okie wrote:Welcome Eugene (ecap1200)
You are supposed to have 3 or 4 posts before you can post pictures and they are limited to 600. I don 't know if that by design or default.

Actually Brian set it at 600 x 600 for inline posts referring smartphone screen normal requirements. I was thinking of 640x480 or 800x600 as a limit myself but we can live with the 600x600 just got to get in the habit resizing to match. Personally I haven't used a monitor under 800x600 in a long time. I currently running 1280x1024 mode on my systems and I don't have any smartphones here; yet.

AVB
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:09 pm

KE4AVB wrote:
okie wrote:Welcome Eugene (ecap1200)

Actually Brian set it at 600 x 600 for inline posts referring smartphone screen normal requirements.

AVB

Its us cheap help to be the last to Know :D :D (thanks AVB)

okie
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:18 pm

I bought one of those $98 32" Walmart TVs for my bedroom and now have a 26" monitor on my desk..... :D
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 pm

bobodu wrote:I bought one of those $98 32" Walmart TVs for my bedroom and now have a 26" monitor on my desk..... :D

You finally got around to something I want to be serious about.
What does it take to hoop up a flat screen TV to PC. I know the regular moniter has a cord that plug in to the back of the PC.

okie
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:13 pm

okie wrote:
bobodu wrote:I bought one of those $98 32" Walmart TVs for my bedroom and now have a 26" monitor on my desk..... :D

You finally got around to something I want to be serious about.
What does it take to hoop up a flat screen TV to PC. I know the regular moniter has a cord that plug in to the back of the PC.

If you get one of those HDTV's (digital) most of them have a standard computer monitor plug jack. I thought once about hooking up my computer to my 42" but don't need a monitor THAT big. :)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Okie, Your not saying you can't see those tiny words on your monitor. I know I can't see the broadside of a barn without my eyeglasses but I thought I was the only one that needed a bigger monitor. :lol:

Got to go to town to get some replacement memory as my computer. It had a stroke this weekend. It has only half a brain working which is more than I have on a good day.; I think but am not sure anymore. I should be jealous of it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:54 pm

My video card has an HDMI slot. Like was mentioned, a good TC has a VGA port. This is a computer I built with all sorts of bells and whistles. 16 gigs of RAM,quad core processors and four terabytes of hard drive. I'm currently downloading a 138 gig movie file with 418 movies on it !!! Gonna put them on a spare hard drive and take em to the lake where the TV sucks. We now have enough spare TVs to take THREE to the lake so I'll set up a network there and stream movies to the bedrooms and the living room.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Thanks guys
I have my browser set to 150% and I have to scroll a little on some web sites
I have a 19" monitor and it helped for a while, but alas time is not kind to one and all.
I am going to look into this. Thanks again
Now back to the silly business. :o

okie
Forum Pro

Next

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion