• Advertisement

new member into

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: new member into

Postby EKAP1200 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Well this forum seem to be active, Thanks all for the welcome. So here is a question regarding photo size. Since the two sites I have for re-sizing pics does not have a setting for 600 x 600 ; what programs do users that post pics use here on this forum. Or do most use a phone for pic posts.
And thank you Travis, for noticing the rewind. It was easier than you think to do. Gene Kap.
EKAP1200

Postby bgsengine » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Upload to photobucket, picasa, etc and use their tools to re-size image to 600px width, then copy and paste the direct link to your post, highlight, and hit the Img button up above text box. You're probably using a tool to re-size or crop which has pre-set values, but photobucket at least has a free-form editor to set image sizes to whatever you want.

I would think most photo hosting sites would have that capability - having pre-set values that a user can't customize is sort of stone-age technology

Photos here are limited to 600 width as noted by KE4 for cell phone optimization (While many users may not upload with cell phone, they still read the posts..) and also are set to that limit for page load speed - a huge image can take a long time to load, and until that image loads (not everyone has high speed internet) , many of the forum functions and buttons may not work. (as some may have noticed now and then when one of the ads is having trouble loading, the same thing can happen - sometimes have to reload a page.)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bobodu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:48 am

Not to mention the people who quote an entire post including the pictures...
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:16 pm

bobodu wrote:Not to mention the people who quote an entire post including the pictures...

But Bob I like to quote you with or without pictures( especially the pic of you and the bangio on the tractor.) I can't remember what costume you had on. :lol:

Tra :usa: vis
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:10 pm

That a Morgan Monroe...Image
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:12 pm

bobodu wrote:That a Morgan Monroe...Image

And here I was thinking it was BIG FOOT

Okie dockie :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby Carlw » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:30 am

okie wrote:
bobodu wrote:Not to mention the people who quote an entire post including the pictures...

But Bob I like to quote you with or without pictures( especially the pic of you and the bangio on the tractor.) I can't remember what costume you had on. :lol:

Tra :usa: vis

Bob was not wearing anything in that photo and I personally would not like to see it again. I got cold just looking at it. Hey Bs, why not hook it to your big screen, from what I her you don't get out of bet until after your wife serves your coffee in bed. Why not hook up with your parts dealers from your bed also? Carl
Carlw
Forum Regular

Previous

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion